Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

// rest in peace Pastor David

November 21, 2014

It was Tuesday morning. Bright and early. I didn't think anything of it, checking my Facebook page and all. Just another work-day. Another day of wishing I were anywhere but at work, working as I always do. It wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't what I had prepared for that morning as I ate my cereal, put on my coat and grabbed my Starbucks. The news on the web was disheartening. Saddening. It was not the kind of news one wants to hear about at 7:20 A.M. I sat in my car and cried. Barely able to process the news I had just come to know. My pastor had passed. He had been battling cancer and had finally won the fight. He had been called home to glory and was rejoicing with his Heavenly Father, basking in love at the feet of the Almighty. 

My Pastor was the pastor of a mega church. But he was certainly a humble individual with such a heart for people! I only ever met him once, but that one time impacted me. It was humbling in itself to meet such a joyful man of God! I remember bumping into him (as I have an occasion to do to people). He was just coming off the stage after service talking to a couple from the church. Not paying the slightest attention to where I was going, I knocked into him. Of course, I was in shock to find out that I had almost taken out the Pastor of Long Hollow. But was immediately reassured that he was fine, no harm done. But that he was, instead, very happy to have had the pleasure to meet me. 

It was a solidifying moment that made it certain to me that Long Hollow was my forever home. If the Pastor was such a gentle spirit after practically being plowed down, then I was certain this was the place I belonged. In a church accepting of the body of believers, and even more loving and caring for those who walked in unsure of where they stood-looking for something to rekindle their hope, spark their faith, and propel them to a greater love than is humanly possible. Pastor David certainly had that vision. And as an individual lived out what he preached. 


Pastor David was an extraordinary man. Even up to his final days of being called home, he got up on that stage and preached every Sunday not giving up on what he loved most-The Gospel. 2 Corinthians 4:16 says,
 "That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day." 
David was always so joyful and never lost hope in our God. His spirit was being renewed day by day. We have this hope and it is an anchor for our souls.
"We don't grieve like the world grieves. We grieve, but not without hope." -David Landrith
He was a man filled with the spirit. Of faith. Of hope. Of love. Of LIFE! Oh, to be half the servant of Christ as he was would be my ultimate prayer. He led a good life. And left an amazing legacy. You'll be forever missed. You've won the battle, Pastor. I am rejoicing with Angels on your victory over cancer. Hallelujah! 

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.