waiting for superman

W A I T I N G

L O N G I N G

D E E P L Y

P A T I E N T L Y

W A I T I N G

I hate to wait. Even though I am good at waiting, if I am running on a frapp with a double shot, I can't stand to wait. That ability of mine flies out the door. I get antsy. Squirmy, even. Sitting is almost impossible for me. (Guess this is why I work with propel-motored preschoolers. Ha!).

Sometimes I feel like Lois Lane-a beautiful damsel in distress, waiting for Superman to sweep her off her feet and out of the atmosphere. Which often leads me to conclude that my Superman is MIA. I mean, not really MIA; it's a figure of speech. But I patiently wait for him to show up and come to my rescue. To love me. To care deeply for me the way I already do-even though I do not have a clue who his alter ego is. Maybe he's a guy at church I pay little attention to, or a guy at school I pass in the halls every morning. Maybe he's one of my best guy friends,or my best girl friend's brother. (Hey, you never know the plans God has for you!). And while I find myself waiting, I also find myself wondering, too.

WHERE IS HE?

WHO IS HE?

WHAT DOES HE LOOK/ ACT LIKE?

WHAT DOES LIKE/DISLIKE?

IS HE SOMEONE GOD HAS SURLY DESTINED FOR ME TO LIVE WITH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?

I hate the waiting game! I hate being alone and wondering who I will end up with. Will it be the guy I have a major crush on? Or will it be the guy I have no interest in? Truth is. There is no such thing as Superman. For a guy to be 100% like Superman is an overrated expectation. I mean, to you, he's your Superman. But to expect him to be perfection (like I used to) is bogus. Maybe that's why I hate waiting. Because I know how imperfect he'll be, but how much I will love all those imperfections about him. It's because I want to love him NOW that irks me to no end.

I pray daily for God to place in my heart patience to wait for him. Maybe that's not such a good thing! You get what you usually pray for, right? And patience is a virtue. So, I am definitely getting an education in that area of life!

But, thought he's not the Superman I am waiting for-this perfect God-I know that God has plans for me to meet the guy of "my" dreams. My Superman. While I wait for Superman, I am going to pray for certain aspects of his life that I deem important.



Comments

Popular Posts