love's enduring promise

June 22, 2014

**I have decided to come back into the blogging scene. I don't plan on being a highly dedicated blogger, but a random writer.**


I write this blog not for others, but mainly for myself, in hopes that maybe my struggles or thoughts might encourage and influence others who are dealing with similar things. This is my virtual world in which I regurgitate emotions, feelings, verbiage, and ideas that flood my mind daily. And right now, I have been thinking about marriage.


I mean, not in a bad way. But in a way that makes this single girl somewhat pity herself in her current situation. While I love being single, a part of me will never be satisfied with being single and alone. I am an introvert, yes, but that doesn't mean that I am incapable of loving. It's quite the opposite, I assure you. However, I am at a pivotal time in my life where I can either relish in the fact that God has be single for a reason, or I can become a hermit and give up on love and life altogether.


I am sure I will be married one day. But there is a limit to my patience, a limit to my wisdom. A limit to my having faith that this season of singleness too shall pass. However, without being a party-pooper, I have noticed that these things I find almost unbearable to suffer any longer, are some of the exact things God has given me the strength to endure.


I have read countless articles on being patient and praying for wisdom about these circumstances of singleness....They have either given me encouragement or suffered me to shame and guilt and worry that I will never find "the one".


I have learned that, while I am not very good at being patient, God will send me someone special. And while I wait, I must have patience that He will send me a sign that "this is the guy I am to marry" when the time is right.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.