Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

Post Valentines Day

February 18, 2013

It's after Valentine’s Day and I have just a few things on my mind that I would like to discuss or muse about here in this post. Not that any of it is particularly important, but I feel the need to post. Plus I just had a cold cup of iced Passion tea, so I fill slightly energized and meditative. 
.................

I think I have the sweetest, most endearing guy. He gave me what I think most girls only dream about (at least I did!): one real white rose-my favorite-and one fake red rose. Awe!

I was speechless, too, when he entered the house all decked out in a very nice cobalt blue, pinstriped dress shirt, and coordinated with a black suit. He literally took me by surprise!

Now I wish I had a photo to share with you all. :/ He really was quite dashing. I was too lost in the moment to even think about taking a photo. Darn it!

Anyway, he took me out to eat, and we basically talked the whole time. Conversations with him never get old, and God deserves all the praise and admiration for that. Because without God having a hand in orchestrating our discovery of one another I would still be one of the single fishes floating around in the sea. 

Not that I ever minded being single. But now I know what all the fuss about having a boyfriend is all about. It's gravitational, stirring, astonishing, and dreamy. 

What a great Valentine’s Day present from my God! 

I never would have thought it remotely possible that I could meet a guy online and it be sparks abounding at first meeting and glance....or in our case, first mention of going to see The Hobbit! 
..............

But what I want to talk to you about today is the virtue of patience when looking, or, in my case, waiting for someone to come along and sweep you off your feet. Maybe not in a serious marriage type of way, but one that is quaint, simple, adorable, and still sincere. 

Waiting upon the Lord can be tiring, and wears greatly on our patience. We ask, seek, and go to the Lord in hopes that He will do for us what we want, need, or ask of Him. But that is not always the case, due the fact that what we want doesn't always coincide with what God has prepared for us in advance. 

We are not alone in our waiting regardless of whatever it is we are waiting on God to do. There are many in the Bible who have experience the pain or irritation of waiting for God to act.
In Romans 8: 22-25, it states: "We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." 
Even passages, such as James 5:7, Colossians 1:10-12, Psalm 40:1 and Revelations 14:12 speak of the virtues of waiting. 

According to Power to Change Ministries: "The New Bible Dictionary defines patience as “God given restraint in the face of opposition or oppression”. Patience is only needed when there is a reason to not wait. It is only necessary in the face of opposition. This is why seeking patience is in many senses a battle. The promise we can lean on here is that patience is God given restraint. The Lord is the one who provides us with spiritual armor to go into battle. We often think of patience as mere endurance, but such logic is faulty. We are not exercising restraint on our own strength. In truth, our only responsibility is to trust that God will provide the strength to hold on, and then act accordingly to our faith in that promise."

Even when we are waiting for our true love-and who knows, my boyfriend may just be mine-we have to trust and have faith that God knows what he is doing. It may not be done in the timeframe we are looking for, but God's orchestrating does not happen in a day, sometimes it may take a few years to bring to completion. And in the meantime, He uses the time used to bring His will to fruition to help teach us the valuable lessons on patience. 

It's not easy to wait. I know. Especially for that special someone that you hope comes soon. I know I hope he comes soon. I used to not care about that sort of thing, like when my future husband will come and sweep me off my God-fearing feet. But now, the more I grow in the Word, and the older I get, I find myself excited at the prospects of growing old with someone, having children with someone, and just taking the time to love someone. It's an engaging idea, and one that I hope happens soon. And for a person who has minimal patience for this sort of stuff, I guess I will have to learn how to be patient while waiting upon the Lord. And while I wait upon the Lord, I will serve Him-heart, mind, body, spirit, and soul. 

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.