Frustrated

I am frustrated today. I have been, actually, since Sunday afternoon. I won't mention why, because I am not sure who reads my posts outside of my faithful followers. And I wouldn't want to seem like I was having a pity party. Which I am not. But the frustration has been nagging at me, causing what is bothering me to be heightened. And it has been putting me in a bad mood, as well as, in a sense, causing me to overreact to every little thing.  

I hate that. Because now I am having second thoughts about certain things; not wanting to do anything to exert energy; not even wanting to hang out this weekend with anyone, due to not wanting to release this harbored frustration. However, if I do not release this frustration it will soon (I know from experience) turn into anger and disdain. 

But upon reading the Bible in search for encouragement and guidance during this time of incessant irritation that has overwhelmed me, I have found that frustration is a temporary feeling. It won't last forever. And that he encourages us to continue with out lives, work through the problem at hand, struggle a bit, and come out on the other side a stronger and better person because of it.  

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


James 4:3

"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."




Comments

Popular Posts