Goodbye Yoder...10-5-2012

October 5, 2012

Things happen that always have you second guessing God's will and plan for you and your family and your life. Today I had to go with my dad to put down our other cat named Yoda (aka: Yoder). 
Know that I did all I could to keep from having to put him down; however, that which I did proved to be of little help to him and his behavior. I gave him pills, locked him up for a week in the bathroom with a litter box, etc. Nothing would stop him from pooping and peeing on the beds and couches. 
He was behaviorally strange as a youngster, and his mental ability to compensate for things didn't seem to work well as they used to. So everything stressed him out and caused him to relapse. Thus it was time to let him go to a better place. 
Now, I'd even asked my Aunt who is a Vet Assistant if there was anything else to do for him. She said that it was either the pound or euthanasia. She didn't suggest the first due to his history, so the only way to deal with the problem and find peace for him and my family was to put him to sleep.
Granted it was a hard decision. For me especially. And all I can do to ease the pain and, well, guilt is to read conforming scriptures. So I would not only like to post them here for myself, but for you all as well. And if you are going through something sad or traumatic, even if it is the death of a family pet, know that God is there for the good and the bad times, however big or small they might be. 

(I know these verses don't all coincide with animals and such, but it's the feeling and the pain that is referenced which is the same as any other pain we as humans experience).

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
1 Peter 5:9-10   Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace,who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
Psalm 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
John 10:27-29 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.” (Jesus speaking)
Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 14:8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s.
Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

4 comments

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Emily! Beautiful verses though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. It's been hard, but I am glad he's in a better place now.

      Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  2. Ow... that can be so horribly painful... but sometimes pet owners have to make that hard decision. Good for you to make the right one - praying you are quickly comforted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. That is very true. It's the unlucky part of being a pet owner. But you have to do what's best by you and the animal. Placing him in a shelter, in his mental state, just wouldn't have been humane.

      And thank you! You are such a blessing. :D

      You are as well, Shelley!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.