ED's Devos: You LOVE Me Anyway

October 15, 2012

Broken. 
Imperfect. 
Unworthy. 
A Sinner.

We are all this and so much more. Negativeness pervades our lives like a plague. 
It's inescapable. Unfixable. 
We are hopelessly lost. Hopelessly flawed.
But through all of that negative aroma God loves us.
He loves us in spite of all the baggage we hold.

I have baggage. Tons of it. 
And in the time of my eating disorder there was barely any room for love or for God. 
And yet, I am confident-and there is evidence-that He LOVED me anyway.
I am imperfect. I have had my share of pain
I have committed my fair share of sin. Horrible sin.
I inflicted severe punishment on one of God's beautiful temples.
And I regret that.
And I am ashamed of my life. 

But that has never stopped Him from living me!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 is the verse that I am confident is the very essence of Christ.
"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away."
It's amazing.
Gratifying. 
Humbling.
Praise Worthy.
To know that God still loves is regardless of our inability to be perfect and blameless.
I am blessed to know that 1 Corinthians not only speaks of how I should love, but it also tells us about how God loves.
That's incredible! 

We all have struggles, baggage. Whatever you want to name it.
But know that all of that junk doesn't stop God's love from surrounding you.
And it doesn't stop it from penitrating your heart.
Or stop it from filling your cup with a water that is always there.
Always perfect.
Always strong enough.

So if you have an eating disorder, do drugs or alcohol, or whatever it may be that disables you from experiencing the full blessings of Christ. 
It's not going to stop Him from trying.
 It's not going to stop Him from loving you anyway. 
Because you are special to Him. 
His temples. 
His children. 
And this father doesn't give up on his beloved children. 


Here's some good news: 
HE LOVES YOU ANYWAY!!!!!!!





1 comment

  1. If our hearts can be more peaceful and wider, we will enjoy a better life and sense more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.