ED's Devos: Strong Tower

I love days like these. When the weather is crystal clear, the earth is buttery fresh, and my heart sings along with the birds soaring in the sky. I wish everyday would be like this-a day where I feel on-top of the world and stronger than anything I have to face. 

I didn't always feel this way, though. In fact, during my battles with Burk (my eating disorder...ED), I never felt strong enough to get out of bet, let along conquer the world. But in those times, I had to find a way to make myself strong in my weakness. I never took much heart in 2 Cor. 12:9-10: "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong," but those verses became my lifeline, because they gave me the hope I needed-that in my weakness I am also strong. That is, my struggles make me strong while I am weak, so in the end my strength endures in Christ, while my weakness fades. 

Also, during my days in my full-fledged eating disorder (and don't think my fight is over, I live with behavioral urges daily...) I found comfort even in this verse: "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."-Proverbs 18:10. 

There are so many verses and incredible songs out there to inspire, uplift, and encourage you through your tough times. Use them as your center focus and even your coping skills. Embrace the power of the Lamb and embody the courage of the Lion. You are stronger than you think, and braver than you know. So, let Him be your strong tower and you'll make it through this storm okay.



Comments

Popular Posts