Answered prayers

October 4, 2012

Since the weather was breathtakingly beautiful this afternoon-a subtle breeze, hint of wood burning, floating clouds...yep it's perfect!-I took the time to talk to God while on a short walk in my neighborhood. I had just arrived back home from my trip to Mt. Juliet, TN to bring my new Himalayan kitten home to stay. So many times in the past two years God has given me blessings I have been blind to, and only recently have discovered. 

As I walked, I couldn't help but feel wholly overwhelmed. Throughout my journey with my eating disorder things have happened that can only be explained by sheer miracle terms-God. So many blessings in so little time described God's works in my life. Renfrew was a blessing. My therapist and psychiatrist are a blessing. Knowing that my crazy mood swings are termed as Bipolar was a bitter/sweet blessing, but a blessing nonetheless. And the fact that I was able to secure a job in order to pay for my kitten, when I wasn't even looking for something that huge to happen that fast was a majorly answered prayer. 

As Facing the Giants puts it: "If we win, we praise Him. And if we loose, we praise Him. Either way, we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes".  And that's exactly what I have been doing. I didn't get to Renfrew as fast as I wanted, but I praised him regardless. My therapist was hard on me, but I praised God nonetheless for her harshness. And when my first attempt to get a kitten failed, I cried, but praised God and prayed for a second chance. 

All-in-all, I thank God for taking His time, blessing me on His own terms, and answering prayers!

Here are some of my favorite prayer Bible verses that I have leaned on for support in my trials and in my weakness of faith:

Psalms 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.