Sunday // Football Photos

Sunday seems to be a normal day for me. Nothing out of the ordinary. Always very much the same. Same smells. Same scenery. Same bible lessons. Same people.

My experience with Sunday has been negative. It was a day of the week that I dreaded the most, and hated with a passion. I remember wishing that the day would never dawn so I would not have to face another Sunday at church with people who hated me.

It's not like that any more, fortunately. However, those old habits die hard and they make is exceedingly difficult to branch out and fine a positive aspect of going to church. It's this stigma that has haunted me for years.

But now that I have found a church that I feel that I relatively enjoy and feel at peace about, all that negativity might, I hope and PRAY, will change.

While I go visit this new church I have found near where I live, I am going to be weary of the teachings. I want to make sure that what is being taught doesn't clash with my personal biblical beliefs. 

So I am going to proceed as Proverbs 4:23 advises (in all situations)- "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life".

I want to guard myself and my heart at this point in my venture out into the unknown. Because I no longer-maybe-go to church with my parents, I want to be absolutely sure that the church I am visiting or decide to join is teaching directly from the bible and not interpreted in any way by man alone. 

Sundays used to be a bad day for me. But now I actually look forward to them. And I think that there is a possibility that Sunday might become one of my favorite days of the week!

////

I got to go to my brother's team's football playoffs Friday night, and I took my camera to see if I could capture any interesting shots. Here's some--->


Go Aaron Academy ROYALS!


So, in parting, I leave you with my favorite quote of the day:

"Sometimes the Lord rides out the storm with us and other times He calms the restless sea around us. Most of all, He calms the storm inside us in our deepest inner soul." -Lloyd John Ogilvie

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts