Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

Let the potter lead

August 26, 2012

Today the clouds sing the songs of a fleeting rain as lightening flashes and the thunder roars over the tree tops. Regardless of the weather, I have come to cherish each day, and count every minute of it as a blessing.

I am at work with my mom right now, stuck with nothing to do but type to you all a little of what's been on my heart. Currently my skull is pulsating with overwhelming boredom, and I am crazily trying to figure out what to do with the time that is given to me today. I, so far, have lived this day fellowshipping with wonderful people, but still part of me wants something more to happen.

Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar and since the "meds" that I am on make me feel energetic, I feel like a toy with a newly charged battery but with no one to play with me. I am just sitting wasting the energy that I do have thinking about what I want to be doing, rather than thanking God for who I am with. It could all be so much worse.

Aside from all the craziness today, God has been speaking to me lately about community and being "in the world, but not of it". And I think it is important to hear what He has to say on this important matter of the heart, mind, body, and spirit.

Community is a body of people that are living in close vicinity to one another. Each member of the community has an important job to do to keep that community alive and growing. Just like the community of Believers do. This is where the two communities that are intertwined with one another on an earthly level need to be separated in a spiritual aspect.

This world is scary. And the communities we live in, that used to be safe and family friendly, have grown caloused and hard and criminal. But are we to fear these evil times? No! God does say though that the world will hate all Believers of Christ, and He also states that "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason'  (John 15:18-25).

God also states this in conjunction: "[...]I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Amen! 

The world hates us. We know. It's not such a far fetched idea. We grew up even hearing and being told that people would hate us for our belief in Christ. Some of us may not have liked that idea-people rejecting Christ. While others shrank back in shame because of it. 

But for those that do rise to the challenge, hear me out!

Before you go into the world to cultivate and change the hearts and minds of the lost, you need to be grounded. Otherwise you will be easily persuaded. Like Anakin Skywalker was persuaded over to the Dark Side of the Force. It didn't happen over night, but soon he found himself succumbed to the darkness and gave in. So it is imperative that you be grounded in Christ and refrain from trying to save the lost on your own. You are the clay and God is the potter, so let him lead while you follow.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.