Memorial Day Weekend

May 27, 2012

This year I have had my own unique way of celebrating this holiday. It wasn't a planned celebration. And it wasn't pleasureful, either. It was hot, muggy, and smoky.

Actually, I was helping my mom hold a historic cooking class at Mansker's Station!

My mom and I cooked pea soup, three huge pans of biscuits, and oh-so-yummy Moravian Sugar Cake.

I was so excited for today. I'm going on vacation for two weeks starting Monday (so I'll probably be MIA for a while), and I just wanted some time to spend with my mom before I left. She's not going with me, and this will be the first time away from her without my siblings, so I am nervous and excited all in one package.

Alas, I was unable to help myself to what I had helped prepare. :( I did, however, get to take some pictures during the lunch break, which was a nice trade-in.

I hope you all have a fantastic memorial day. I am so thankful for all who have sacrificed their lives to make this country great.


1 comment

  1. Nice photos Emily! Hope you have an awesome vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.