ED Documentary

February 18, 2012


Thursday I was told by Renfrew-after my two week review of how things were progressing-that I was clinically diagnosed at Anorexic and that my BMI was at the 70% level. It came as a shocker to me to learn that I wasn't what they would call Bulimic. Not that I preferred one diagnosis over the other (I'd rather have neither, to be honest), but it was just interesting to learn what they thought about my eating disorder. 

Obviously some Anorexics have some similarities to Bulimics (i.e binging and purging). The Something-fishy website states that "It is not uncommon for people suffering with Anorexia to waver through periods of Bulimia (binging and purging) as well". 

So...like I said, this news was a little odd to me. I had always thought that I was Bulimic because I was purging and binging. However, Renfrew told me that my binging wasn't really binging at all; more along the lines of a subjective binge (i.e eating a normal meal, but it feeling like a full-blown binge). At first, before my Therapist explained it to me, I had always thought the food I was eating was WAY too much. Yet, to a normal person, my food intake was normal, but that it was ED who was telling me that what was normal was really too much, that it was a binge, and that I HAD to purge to feel better-less full.

If that makes any sense at all!

Anyway, it's still ED awareness month, and I am proud to announce that I have gone a full 2 1/2 weeks without binging or purging!!! I am so excited, but still leery due to the fact that the urges are still there...taunting me. But I hold firm to the promise that God makes all things new, even my wounded heart and self-abused body. 

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.