ED awareness month

February 12, 2012

Hey all!

Boy, have I been having an incredibly interesting time lately. I am just so disheartened for these girls at Renfrew. I can't help but desire for them to have the same outlook on life as I do; and to know that there is more to this life than counting calories and figuring out how to cheat on their food exchanges. It sickens me to hear them confess to the therapists on a weekly basis that they have either restricted, binged, purged, or use some sort of drug/laxative/diuretic. Yet they wonder why they have not been able to gain weight, are not allowed to workout, or why they're still there at Renfrew.

I can only pray for them. Especially for this one girl who's been MIA for a week now, and has developed self-abusive behaviors (i.e. cutting). I am very scared for her.

On another note, this month is Eating Disorder Awareness Month, so I wanted to share with you all a girl sharing her story with her own battle with ED.


Thank you all for your blessings, prayers, and encouragement! I am entirely too blessed with such lovely friends. 

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.