Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

today

January 2, 2012

2012 could not have had a better start. Chilling out from a hot shower, watching Mrs. Winterbourne (adoring the young  Brendan Fraser), and I cannot believe how marvelous our God is! 

LISTENING TO: You Are-Tenth Avenue North

QUOTE: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, 
but people will never forget how you made them feel."- Maya Angelou 

So, today I had an allergy test scheduled at ASAP. It was a 4 hour test, but it went well. 


While I was there they tested me for various food allergies. Turns out that I am not allergic to as many things as I thought. 

But I am allergic to barley and oats. My mom and I think we've stumbled on a miraculous revelation. I am not allergic to wheat AT ALL. Now, even though I am not allergic to wheat, that doesn't rule out the possibility that I have Celiac Disease (I hope not!). 


In addition, there happens to be barley in everything just like gluten and wheat. So I am still on a gluten free diet. And I still have to be careful because there's barely and malt and rye (another allergy food!) in even some gluten free foods. 


With all this happening so fast-which is what I want in order to get into Renfrew ASAP-I still wonder: could this mean Celiac Disease in my future? 


I am not for sure, but I am going to go to a G.I doctor soon for an endoscope test. With all fingers crossed, I am hoping for something to happen. Either something will show up, or nothing will. 

I feel better knowing that we're headed in the right direction and that I can move on and work on my food fears.

1 comment

  1. I hope you don't have Celiac disease ether. I know my Dad allergy is grass which make his nose all stuffy and makes him sneeze a lot, especailly in the summer. I hope everything turns out all right.
    Praying hard for you,
    Forevermore,
    Hunteress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.