like a postage stamp

January 13, 2012


>> 2012 Affirmation- #1: Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.

>> one thousand gifts:
  1. rainbows
  2. wiskers on kittens
  3. dell inspiron
>> Is it alright to be excited that treatment is so close in hand? And is it alright to be dissapointed when it's snatched out of your hands just as fast? Getting into Renfrew as been a jolting ride of twists and turns, ups and downs. One minute I am going into the Out-Patient Program, the next it's In-Patient. Now we'ere back to the Out-Patient, but are having to wait for medical results to come back is another set-back that I have to deal with, as well as the tests having to be redone, the doctors not doing their job right, or the nurses sticking me in the arm where there is no vein!

All of this, of course, is just God's way of teaching me patience, and the value of time. Sometimes, while sitting at my computer and staring blankly at the screen, I wonder why God has chosen to use this situation in my life to teach me the lessons of life. It never crosses my mind that through our choices God creates a beautiful ending. And even though there are still consequences for the actions, there's beauty on the other side.

I love what Psalm 37:7-9 has to say about patience. It's comforting to read such wise words from such a spiritual man like King David:
"Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land."
I admire eagles for their resilience and power. As a little girl I wanted to be one so that I could soar high in the sky, away from all my troubles and worries. In my mind I imagine them to be free-thinkers, easy-going and unaware of the chaos that goes on down below them. They're free. And I want that-to be free.


Amazing...what I've been learning from 2011-2012. God has been merciful to me, and His grace is more than sufficient for a broken, bleeding, mending heart like mine. Time and again, when my world seems to be crashing down around me, and I feel that all hope is lost, I turn to my favorite verse, Isaiah 40:31, and dwell upon the beautiful words: 

"Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."
>>While I'm at it, I wanted to share with you all my new "monthly" favorite song from Peter Furler called Psalm 23.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.