do not give up

January 16, 2012


Psa. 27:14 
"Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord". 


Another week of delays until I can be admitted to  Renfrew . Seems like there are so many roadblocks in my way right now. As I take two steps forwards, I am thrown four steps back. It's frustrating. I hate venting to you all like this, but writing helps me to clear my mind.

The reason why I am unable to admit myself to Renfrew next week is-unfortunately-because I still have more allergy testing to have done before they'll be comfortable letting me join the program. They have a GF menu that I will be able to eat from, but they need to know for sure whether I have Celiac or not. That in itself is going to take some time-getting tested for Celiac; there's a slew of things that needs to be done!
  1. See if the allergy doctor's office has sent their results to Renfrew (if they haven't already).
  2. Have my allergy doctor schedule an appointment time for me to see the GI doctors for an endoscope test. (They said they would have an appointment time by TODAY. We'll see what they've gotten done when my mom calls them later.)
  3. After GI test, have the GI doctor's office send results to Renfrew.
  4. Talk to my Primary Physician about having a Hydrogen Breath Test (to see of I am, for certain, Lactose Intolerant). 
  5. Schedule the Hydrogen Breath Test.
  6. Have my Physician send the results of the Hydrogen Breath Test to Renfrew.
  7. Schedule an appointment to have a blood test and EKG done by my Physician.
  8. Call Renfrew to see if they got all the results from the tests (hope so!).
  9. Pick a date to start Renfrew (if all has gone well).
  10. Wait and call doctors; call Renfrew again, and then pick a date to start.
The people at Renfrew mentioned at our second meeting that the reason they're having us wait a little longer is that they need to make sure they've covered all aspects of the medical side to me, so that they know what they can feed me without causing me to have an allergic reaction. Or worse, cause my fear of food to  take a turn for the worse. So, it's totally understandable-the delay. It does, however, cause my moral to go down. The lesson out of this is to have patience, which for me, is something I have to work on! Galatians 6:9 says this (something I am trying to take to heart and keep in mind): 


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

On another note, since I have been clinically diagnosed as having an allergy to oats and barley, I have been able to solidify in my mind my choice to go Gluten-Free. Plus, it show me and everyone else that I am not crazy! However, I still haven't been able to prove that I am Lactose Intolerant. And that scares me, because if I can't prove it, then Renfrew will make me drink/eat it. It's causing me to spazz! There is a test that my mom's going to have me do that will test for any lactose intolerance. What a peace of mind it will offer me to know for sure whether or not I am dairy free.

Ephesians 1:11-12
"In Christ we too have been claimed as God’s own possession, since we were predestined according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will  so that we, who were the first to set our hope on Christ, would be to the praise of his glory".

Of course, God will provide all in due time. Until that time in which I am tested for such an intolerance, I will wait upon the Lord and put my faith in Him. Whatever the outcome is, I just have to trust that he knows best. 

>> 2012 Affirmation - #3: I will be patient in steadily working toward my goal, remembering that all good comes in time.

>> one thousand gifts
  1. almond butter
  2. almond milk
  3. his still and small voice

1 comment

  1. I hope it all goes well! I'm praying.

    You could be allergic to dairy without being lactose intolerant. One of my friends is. If you're lactose intolerant, you can still eat cheese, because it doesn't have lactose in it, but if you're allergic to dairy, then you can't. I'm pretty sure that a dairy allergy is related to a reaction to a protein, whereas lactose intolerance is a sugar (lactose is a sugar in dairy). You probably already know all this, but I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.