role of a writer.

December 21, 2011

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.  ~Anaïs Nin
Listening To: Bro and Sis talk about Twilight vs. LOTR
Quote: I
f barbie is so popular....then why do you have to buy her friends?

My imperishable dream is to be a novelist like Jane Austen or James F. Cooper, or any of those marvelous creative geniuses that have written captivating, stirring, defining works of art.


To have the words flow from my pen to the paper below in a swift, smooth motion. Like when water trickles over the stones in a creek bed. I want my writing to be a refined and polished as those rocks touched by the water's smooth edge.


In order to do that, however, I have found the polished writings of all authors first started with a rough, unrefined shell, which then over the years, with much practices, time, and patience, blossomed into something grand. Something to be noted as a spectacular work among the artists. 


One tip I can offer you all is this:


WRITE. WRITE. WRITE.


Write often. Consistency is the key. And perfect practice makes perfect. 


And now I leave you all, until my next tip, with some of my favorite links...


These are links that I have discovered. They offer helpful tips and worksheets for outlining novels, essays, as well as ideas, prompts, etc.  
Just to name a few!

Also, here's a video I ran across on YouTube. I thought it was cool, because some major authors give advice on how to write a novel, etc. Insightful, and inspirational. 


1 comment

  1. Haha, on the blogger dashboard thing it said, LOTR quote: if barbie...

    And so I was wondering if LOTR actually talked about barbie (probably a silly thing to wonder, aha!) but then I came here and realized it's not. :D

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.