reach.

I have been looking high and low for something substantial. Something everlasting. Something. I have been digging for this treasure in all the wrong places. In mud pits, dust bunny caves...under big rocks, in-between pea gravel, and on those microscopic blades of razor sharp grass. 


I was coming up empty. 
Nothing. 
Only paper cuts made by grass, dirt under my finger nails, mug cakes on my knees, and a runny nose. 


None of this helped to fill in the hole I had aching in the center of my chest. The feeling was dull, but it was a stabbing pain. 
You know; the kind of pain you feel when you're missing someone and wish they were there with you. 
That pain would come and go.
 It was a lonely kind of pain, because I didn't know the cause or the cure. 


And that's when He reached for me. 
He stretched out His mighty hand and quieted that feeling in my chest. 
He showed me what it was like to be at peace; to be reassured that He was in control. 
He quieted all my fears. 


And when I am lonely. He's there, reaching out to me. 
What love is this?!
I, for the first time, feel like there is a possibly of feeling whole


Dear Jesus,
reach for me, and never let go!
i need your love, strength, and friendship.
Take my life.
Take my burdens.
i am yours alone, Lord.
I love you "plus que ma propre vie".




You hold the weight of the world*
Still I don't slip through Your hands

Your love is bigger than just an ocean built by man
I fall again and again but You whisper, "You're still mine"
You feel the pain of the world but You never push mine aside



And You reach for me with a love that quiets all my fears
And You reach for me like a Father wipes away the tears
So many people in this world, but I hear You calling out my name
You reach for me, now I'm never gonna be the same



You know all of my fears, there's nothing Your eyes can't see
When I tried to give up, Lord, You never gave up on me
I give You all of my hopes and dreams, I lay them down
Of all the places I've looked Your the one truth I have found



You reach for me
You hold the weight of the world
Still I don't slip through Your hands
You put the stars in the sky
You know every grain of sand

Comments

  1. Great post Emily! I really like those song lyrics, thanks for sharing! Great post topic! God is always their to give out a hand when we're in need. Like you mention above, sometimes we're just not looking in the right places for Him. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts