Holding on to a new hope.

"Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 4:1
Today I am holding on to a new hope. A hope of a healthier, brighter future. Not to excite any pity, but it has been difficult living in my own skin these past two years. So much resentment and anger has been festering inside of me-towards myself.


I got another call from my doctor. After two blood tests thus far in a matter of, what two weeks, this most recent blood test (#3) came back stating that my potassium level was on the verge of becoming a more serious issue than it already was. 


Actually, this test result showed that my potassium level was lower than the first two. It was 2.5! Not that I am excited about that number in the least-it was gut wrenching-but after what happened today I am singing only praises to my God!


Instead of filling up on O.J like last time, I was told to go straight to the ER. That news sent a surge of panic though my spine. I was so bewildered that I couldn't even cry like I wanted to. I spent about an hour and a half at Vanderbilt Hospital downtown, and then signed out. I never did get checked out. The wait there was four hours long! So my mom and dad took me to our local ER in Hendersonville where I was seen in thirty minutes tops. 


The local ER took another blood test (#4) and came back to tell me that my potassium was still low, but that it was no where near a 2.5. It was 2.8; a livable number. They gave me a pill and a prescription to take. Now my goal is to keep down my food-which by the way, today is day number four that I have been able to keep my food down!!!!!-and keep that potassium level up. 


Please continue to pray that God will help me heal and make progress in my recovery. I am more than confident that what all has gone on lately is a product of His mighty hand. God does answer prayers; He's answering mine. And what I am learning is that He doesn't always answer prayers in the time we think the should be answered. Sometimes those answers come a lot later than expected, but just at the right time!


Dear Father,
I am blessed far beyond what I deserve. 
You have shown me the wonders of your ways today, Lord.
And have given me a new hope to cling to.
Thank you.





Wake up to the morning light
wipe away the lonely nights
let a brand new day wash over you,
Wanna see you smile again
show some love to your crazy friends
wipe your tears away
those days are through

If you move just a little bit closer you can put your head on my shoulder
Yeah, yeah

[Chorus:]


So baby hold on
just another day or twoI can see the clouds are
moving faster now
and the sun is breaking through
If you can hold on, to the one that's holding you
there is nothing that can
stop this crazy love
from breaking through


We're breaking through
We're breaking through


Wake up to the morning sun
thank the Lord for the
things He's done
lift your eyes up to the
hope that's ever true
Wanna see you smiling girl
you're a light in this jaded world
wipe away those tears
this one's for you

Come on, move a little bit closer, you can put your head on my shoulder
Yeah, yeah

[Chorus]

And the stars are up there
shining for you
oh, the Father does adore you
His love will never change
And you and I
we were born to follow
the hope that will lead us to tomorrow
and no one can take it away


So baby hold on
just another day or two
I can see the clouds are
moving faster now
and the sun is breaking through
If you could hold on
to the one that's holding you
there is nothing that can stop this crazy, crazy love from breaking [x2]

You see the clouds are
moving faster now
the clouds are moving faster

You see the clouds are
moving faster now
And the sun is breaking through

We're breaking through

Comments

  1. I've been praying and I'll keep praying, keep that potassium level up! :)

    Interesting fact, did you know potassium levels contribute to motor skills? So being low usually means being klutzy too (which applies to me!)

    blessings & prayers
    -Siriana

    Father I lift up Emily
    I pray for her health and continual healing
    that You provide each and every thing she needs to make it through
    that the sun shines bright
    and everything goes smooth
    Jesus we pray for your Spirit to move
    Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts