Authentic People Blog Party!

November 14, 2011





{Who I am & Why I Blog}


I am a girl. Yeah, that one's pretty obvious. But I am not just a girl. I am a girl striving to live my life for Christ. To understand His purpose for my life. And to surrender my life to the only one who can make me whole again.Whole again--as in healing me from Bulimia. Do I want to get well? Yes.

I blog because I love to write. But that's not the main reason why anymore. I want this blog to be a place of encouragement and comfort for those souls who are in need of some TLC. I want to empower girls with eating disorders to think positively about who they are, understand their worth and value to God (who's opinion of us is the most important opinion we will ever get), and to reach for the heavens. So many girls are struggling, and even though my struggles may not be big compared to some, I want to offer them will a little slice of kindness and hope as I receive them from Christ who gives me strength.



{Some Weird Things About Me}

1} What's the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you?
I love toe socks! Especially the bright kind.  I make up my own words (so many I can't even remember one to share with you. lol) And over sized grandpa sweaters, and silly pens, and Almond butter. (Is almond butter geeky?). 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
2} If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie, or television show, what would it be?
I would live in a fictional universe, a book/ movie to be exact, that was serene and peaceful. I quite like the thought of Pride and Prejudice, or Little Women. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 3} Little or big, practical or frivolous, what is one of your favorite items in your house?
It's nothing really, but I like my lava lamp. :D I love watching the bubbles somersault around in the glass tube. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
4} Do you like animated movies? If so, what is your favorite?
Yes! Yes! Yes! I have so many favorites that I don't have enough fingers or toes to count them all. The Polar Express is one of my traditional all-time favorites. I watch it every December (every time it's on). I can watch The Incredibles over and over again; I think I've watched it at least 56 times! And Shrek is beast. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
5} What is your favorite household chore?
Are you crazy...favorite chore? Okay, I have to admit that I am a big fan of chores. I know, I am crazy, but it's true. Vacuuming is a very relaxing chore, and cleaning the bathrooms are most enjoyable! Hmm...that was more than one. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
6} What's your favorite thing to get at Starbucks (or your favorite coffee shop)?
Passion Fruit Iced Tea! Yup. It's delish! And one of the only things I can have at Starbucks. The tea isn't too sweet, just a tad bit tart, and all around refreshing. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
7} What is your favorite pizza topping?
Cheese. No, pepperoni. Wait, olives. Maybe... Pineapple? ...Mushrooms...Now I'm confused. I'm gonna have to go with Cheese AND Pepperoni AND Olives AND Pineapple AND Mushrooms. Everything...and all-of-the-above!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
8} Waffles or pancakes?
Neither. I don't really enjoy either, unless it was Cracker Barrel's Pancakes. But they aren't gluten-free. :(
_____________________________________________________________________________________

9} Do you like to play games? If so, what is your favorite?
Shoot. If only I could get my brother and sister to play games with me I'd be one happy girl. I am a looser when it comes to LIFE. But I'd have to say that that's my favorite game. I always end up with seven children, living in my car, and having a stupid career. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
10} Have you ever let anyone win a game?
My brother. Sometimes. But usually I don't. I am too competitive. Prolly why no one will play with me anymore. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
11} Have you ever dyed your hair?
No. But there's always a first time for everything. And considering the fact that I am 18-years-old and already have a collective amount of graying hair makes me thing that it's a possibility.
_____________________________________________________________________________________ 
12} Do you make your bed every morning?
Most of the time. Hardly ever do I leave it unmade. I cannot leave my room without a clean, and well-made bed. Sometimes I get lazy, though.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
13} Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
Norman. Picasso is just, well, way too Picasso-y to me; too sporadic. I like the normalcy of Norman and how cute and funny some of his paintings are. 

This one's my favorite.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
14} Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors?
What about linoleum? Does that count? Linoleum throughout the house. Hardwood in the living room, on the stairs, and in the halls. No carpet-->GAG!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
15} If you could put one thing in a safe under your bed, what would it be?
My family videos OR Family photos OR all my journals. I haven't quiet given that one much thought. Which one!!!!!????
_____________________________________________________________________________________
16} What's your favorite condiment?
Dude...you are talking to the Queen of Ketchup. Oh yeah, baby!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

17} Have you ever thrown up on someone (excluding when you were a child)?
No. I am proud to say that I have not have the privilege to have puked on anyone. Yet. It's usually coming out the other end. Not pleasant. You really learn how much your mom loves you when she's the one cleaning it up. :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________
18} What was the last thing that made you laugh?
My sister. she left me a comment on Facebook telling me to do jumping-jax on college campus. Haha.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
19} Think fast...what's the first song that pops into your head?
I'll Take You back by Jeremy Camp. This song reminds me that no matter what I do, God will always take me back regardless of how far I've strayed. I love that about God. 



2 comments

  1. Stopping by a few of the blogs with the blog party, and thinking I am a horrible blog follower and should comment on your blog at least once every 100 years! ;P

    Love your answer to #9! LIFE can be the randomest game ever... And I suddenly want a lava lamp. :D I also love your reason for blogging - hope is one of the most beautiful things in the universe. Thank you for sharing it as you receive it!

    Blessings,
    ~Katherine Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that your blog is an inspiration! I agree with you that it is important to let people with eating disorders know that they are valuable. I think a lot of people with eating disorders, myself included, simply don't see that and that is why the eating disorder begins. I have begun to recover from my bulimia with some help from my family and advice I learned from http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-edb. Please keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.