Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

Rain Down on Me

September 16, 2011


Gone astray,
a lamb to be slaughtered.
Lost in the darkness;
hopeless and confused.
Sleepless nights
hazed with angst.
Showers of sadness all consuming
flood my soul.
Eyes red with
the dryness of my tears.
The sorrow and guilt
cause my heart pain.
I watch for a rainbow
and my heart turns gray;
 I long for yesterday.
O Lord, wash over my tired soul!
You are my life line;
my hope and refuge
in these stormy times.
You are my sunlight in the rain.
Shine bright, Lord!
Like a beacon of hope
you lead the way.
I will follow--
like night after the day.
I need you to rain down on me.
Rain on me 
your sovereign grace.
The weather is fine when you rain on me.
With you I know I am safe.
Vanishing sorrow;
you take my sadness and wash it away--
like the sunlight in the rain. 
I need you
in the times that I stray.
I will follow like night after the day.
The weather is fine when you rain on me.
Let heaven's mercy flow.
Rain on me!

2 comments

  1. Beautiful poem Emily! Love it! Thanks for posting it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had already left a comment on this lovely post, but I guess not. Beautiful poem Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.