Ahem....one momento

Ah, I miss being on here. I miss you guys, too. But, I am only back for a short period of time; then I shall disappear again (for a little while longer). Anyhow, I got to thinking lately that maybe it would be fun to include you in my fictional world. I've noticed that a lot of bloggers like to write and some have even written full scale novels. Well, I am working on a few novel projects myself and would love impute and some constructive criticism now and then.
Okay, so I have finished chapter one of my novel (which I will title: Skin Deep for the lack of a better title) finished. The story revolves around a girl [Debby Alston] in her late teens who is having to deal with a lot of emotional problems that have become relevant in her life. She's had a bumpy start in life. Early childhood was a tough time for Debby who was a social outcast. No one liked her. At the age of 12 she developed severe allergies to food and some intolerance to beef, dairy, and gluten. This made her life appear to be more of a struggle. She was never going to get a break. So it seems. Then, because of her being tired of always being in pain and never being able to eat normally-living on only chicken, rice, and cereal for the past 4 years-she went to the extremes to ease her pain.
She became Bulimic. 
Now she's struggling to break the vicious cycle that has become her life. She's caged in an eating disorder and can't break free. At least not on her own. She needs help and visits several doctors. Debby realizes that her issues lie deeper than stomach pains and food allergies. As if peeling back the layers of an onion, the brick wall Debby had been hiding behind came crumbling down and her emotions are exposed. She can no longer hide her feelings. Debby goes to an very unique Doctor that begins helping her with these issues and progress begins to show. She's still purges, though. 
Unfortunately, until Debby realizes that she needs to rely on God and cast her cares upon His shoulders, she will never experience the freedom, internal peace, or healing she's longing for. As of yet, Debby as still to realize that God is standing by her side waiting to help her through the storm. All she has to do is allow Him to take the wheel.
That was like the most basic synopsis I could conjure up on the Johnny-Spot. Hehe! But, I figured I'd give you a preliminary backdrop to the story of life of Debby Alston, before actually having an Idea of what the novel was about.
If you're interested, here's the first few lines of Chapter One: 
Debby sat on her bed holding tight to a patchwork pillow as she chewed on the end of her pen and watched the clouds slowly creep by her bedroom window. She looked at the clouds hoping to catch a ray of inspirationally descriptive material to jot down into her journal of pent-up frustrations, sensitive feelings, aspirations, intriguing theologies, and whimsical dreams.

Comments

  1. Great synopsis Emily! I think you shared this before, or maybe it was on your writing blog. But anyways, love it, and hope you share some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique, and sounds really interesting, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've yet to read a story like this! I'd love to hear more about it!

    Yes, I love to write. :)

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts