modesty 101; vol. 3: dresses made modest

Listening to: More than Fine-Switchfoot
Wise Words: When GOD drops needles and pins along your path in LIFE, don't stay away. Instead pick them up and collect them. They were designed to be STRONG!
I could tell you all how to dress, but I don't want to control the way you dress. Or what you wear for that matter. I am all for you guys wearing what you want and how you want, as long as it's modest. 

But, who am I to judge? 

You are the best judge of your own modesty and it's up to all of you to choose to respect your body by wearing clothes that flatter your figure without exposing anything too personal. 

I know how difficult it is for taller girls (like me 5'9") to find a dress that falls at the perfect length without making us feel overly exposed and uncomfortable. And those with a big bust have a difficult time finding dresses that don't sport a low top. 

Well, with all of this being poured into one dress-a dress on the verge of a modesty disaster-how can we fix the problem without going on an endless search for that flattering modest dress?

There are several places to buy cute sundresses and such. Wal-Mart is one that carries some really cute dresses. Also, Target, K-Mart, Kholes, Belks, and (my favorite) Goodwill! Most have spaghetti straps, a low sweetheart neck like and the length comes right above the knee (if not higher). But, Goodwill is a fabulous place to shop for a modest dress, especially if you're looking to achieve that vintage look.

So, how to you turn an modest dress into a modest one? Simple. With a few items you can take a immodest dress and turn it into a very sweet, appropriate outfit that is respectable and flattering.

Here's the list of clothing items to always have in your Modesty First Aid Kit:

1) Leggings
2) Bermuda Shorts 
Mango shorts

3) Camisole


4) T-shirt
5) Jeans
Just some suggestions for you to consider. It's amazing what you can do with a little intuition and creativity. You can turn a totally bland, immodest dress into a cute, flattering fashion statement. :)

Comments

  1. Loved this Emily - I agree with everything. And...I got blessed at goodwill the other day, finding a dress the perfect length, nice neckline, and cute buttons! I love it. =)

    blessings,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It's so cool to find girls who actually care about dressing modestly!

    I've never shopped at Goodwill before--I'll have to try that. I've heard some people arguing that adding leggings or a camisole to an immodest dress doesn't make it modest. I'm not sure I agree with that. Sometimes, it may be true, but not always.

    Camisoles have to be one of the biggest blessings! :) I can't count how many shirts people have given me that I couldn't wear--until I bought a camisole. And sometimes they don't only make a dress modest--they add to it's cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily!

    Thanks for commenting. I totally agree with you. I've heard that said before, too. I guess it's a preference thing, but it does hold true to some aspects. Like if you were to wear leggings as your form of 'pants'. Or the camisole as your only 'shirt'.

    Well, thanks for stopping by. :D

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post. Cool ideas. Even normally modest clothes can look immodest on me because God gave me a skinny frame and a big chest to go with it. Camisoles and tanks work wonders! I really love ones with lace trim because they add a little detail to your outfit.

    God bless,
    Melissa Renee
    www.girls-4-god.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts