Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

My List

April 13, 2011

Okay, here's my list! This is a list of all the qualities I want in my future husband, qualities I pray for everyday. Now, these qualities may or may not be what God has planned, but I trust that I will meet a man with a few admirable qualities that will please God and be a blessing to me.



Good Humored--has a funny personality and isn't afraid to laugh at himself.


Humble--enough to admit that he doesn't know every thing.


Self confident and Secure--in himself and his own knowledge, and yet, will seek the advice and counsel from his wife.


Hard Working--determined to do whatever it takes to provide for his family.


A Good Listener-- listens with his ears, eyes, heart and mind.


Handy--able to fix whatever needs to be fixed.


Honest--tells the truth and doesn't try to hide anything...whether it hurts or not.


Adventurous/fun-loving--someone who is free-spirited and enjoys life.


Faithful--someone who will be committed to his family and to God.


Brave/Protective--a man who would fight and lay his life down for his wife.


Passionate--not just for his wife, but also for God.


Thoughtful--a man who thinks before he acts or speaks.


A Godly, Christian Man--someone who is fully committed to God and loves God more than himself or his wife.


Now for the physical side! I want my man to be handsome...preferably tall, dark, handsome and strong; but I will love the man God chooses for me wholeheartedly, whether he is blond, short or average.

4 comments

  1. all of the above = awesome :) here's some physical features i would prefer, God willing :)

    -brown eyes the sparkle
    -great smile
    -freckles sprinkled across his nose

    what are some of yours, em? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one with a list. :D Those are good things to look for in a man!

    On another note, love the new look, Emily! Did you do that yourself? :)

    Blessings,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, "Now for the physical side!"...haha! Love your list, sister, & I agree. Love ya!

    -Can't wait for your letter,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Em,

    I visited your blog today and enjoyed my look around. You are a special young lady and I applaud your passion for the written word and your devotion to the Lord. Enjoyed your comparison/contrast of Last of the Mohicans book v movie. Ashamed to say I am not a big fiction fan, not even the classics (haven't read much of them since college). Lastly, nice list. I'm sure there's a special guy who fits the bill, but expect imperfections (my wife has accepted mine). As a seminary professor, I'd also add "sound theology" (smile). Regards and best wishes.-LD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.