Boho Craze

April 8, 2011

I am suspecting that this Boho style must be a trend. Call me what you want, but I am not all that into fashion, so I may be way behind in noticing this. However, I have fallen in love with this eclectic, mellow fashion statement that kinda resembles my own flair for creativity and style. Kinda.
without heels anymore
Okay, maybe it doesn't at all. Being hopeful! Sad to say, but my style is all over the place. It's usually pretty constant, in that I don't change it very often. It so happens that my style is a reflection of how I feel about myself (Ohmigosh, what a surprise!), and it, unfortunately, tells a story of my insecurities and lack of self-confidence. I hide behind my clothes, hoping not to be noticed. Baggy shirts (three sizes to big), baggy pants, holes, rips, stains and tears. You'll find it all.
Boho Girl
I don't really care what I look like. But, I suppose it all stems from the fact that I am not as comfortable with who I am. I have been coming to terms with that. Amazing how God uses simple moments to grab your attention. :)

boho always in style
Anyhow, I know what I like. I do? Yeah, however, it rarely ever shows. I usually settle for less that what I deserve, or capable of looking better than my normal best. And this year I am going to make an attempt to look more presentable and take care of myself: hair, make-up, clothes, etc. I think it would help me feel better about myself. What we wear says a lot about who we are and how we feel. And well, I don't like the way my clothes reflect who I am. They speak falsely about who I am. They reflect the truth, but I think that I need to change how I look, so that maybe, just maybe, I'll begin to feel more positive about myself. More Pretty.
Missing the boho life...
I'm leaning towards the Hippie/Boho look. Always have been a "Flower Child" of sorts. I love my tie-dye, but I want my style to be more polished and put together (as far as Boho goes...at least looking like I put some thought into it). So, I'm going to call my NEW style: Mellow-Boho. Lamo, I know. It works though, you have to admit!

All You Need Is Love
I like the more angelic, flower child look. White and lacy. Now, I'm guessing vintage is the best way to go with this whole Boho look. if so, that's great! And because of that, I can really do this look up right. Lots of jewelry (vintage), sandals, vests, peasant blouses, jeans, shorts, scarfs, bags, dresses, etc. It's a little out of my comfort zone, truly. I am kinda apprehensive about this, because I am not sure which direction I should take. I also really don't know if I am heading in the right direction in regards to the Boho style. Is there any set rules or is it open to creative interpretation? 

Boho chic


As you can tell, I am a style failure. I don't pay much attention to any of that stuff. Yet, now I think it's time to take a step out of my bubble and do something different, yet still very much comfortable to me. 
Boho Girl
Any help or advice on how to get started would be great. I have done some research, but it doesn't help me much. What I really need is someone who knows style and is very familiar with this whole Boho look. Anyway, this is the direction I am going to take this year of 2011. I am optimistic and really looking forward to making a change that I hope with brighten my outlook. This, I hope, will be an easy change. Trying to figure out what's the problem with my stomach, well, that's another story. :)

5 comments

  1. I'm not very fashion savvy, either, so I don't know much about the Boho style; but your post really sums up how I've been feeling lately! For years, I wore clothes that just weren't "me", and only last fall did I start realizing that. It's actually pretty hard to be unique, when the stores only carry certain styles! :( Thrift stores are great places to look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love your style of comfortable clothing, it is similar to mine, only from this post i got a further insight as to how to match, it is a great post. I am not much into style, I just wear what i like and feel comfortable in, but it's similar to this, so if it's a style then i guess i have some style :P.
    Much love,
    BH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm LOVING this whole Boho theme. I mean, these clothes are the cutest. The coolest. I just totally love them. If you want my advice... pick some pieces that look cute -- but you feel comfortable in them. Like I would pick the black hat that the girl in the first picture is wearing (I actually already have it, and I love it!) The denim shirt with the mini-shorts in the same picture, ohh I love the peace top!

    I wouldn't wear the denim with the denim -- but because I'm so into the whole peace thing, the peace stuff is a must. See, just pick things that go with your personality. I've loved those hats since I was about nine years old, and last year I saw one, bought it -- and it's different, but cool.

    Luv,Emii

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a hippie/flower child wanna-be. I'm way too high strung to be classified as a hippie, but I love flowy roomy clothes that are still feminine so I got a lot of inspiration from looking at your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boho look! I would say that my style is all over the place as well, but usually trickles down into the bohemian look. (As does my hair, which could probably be remedied if I dared to brush it every now and then....)

    Yet I can't stand peace signs. I guess it's because they're everywhere. So mainstream. Goodness, I sound like a hipster. :P But everything else that's laid-back chic, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.