Despicable Me

March 29, 2011

NOTE: TO ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED...I REALIZED SHORTLY AFTER THAT THIS WAS NOT A PIXAR FILM. LOL. SORRY ABOUT THAT, BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE BECAUSE I WAS AWAY. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING AND POINTING THAT OUT. :P

I have a hate/love relationship with movies. Yep. I know. It's sad. But what can I say? I have standards for everything, so if a movie doesn't meet my standards for the 'Best Movie on Earth', I am most likely not going to rent it, buy it, or pay $20 to see it in theaters. Ha!

Thank goodness I didn't have to do either with this movie. Despicable Me was so not worth the money I was willing to fork over last summer. (Thankfully I didn't spend any money!).

While Despicable Me was cute and very family friendly, it was also very predictable and boring. Sorry guys! 

I mainly wanted to watch it because of the cute little Yellow Men and, of course, the silly raven haired darling! But, other than that, the movie just fell flat for me. Not the best Pixar movie and one that definitely fell to meet my standards. 

Hey, just my personal opinion. I know a lot of you LOVE this movie and could recite, like, every line by heart. Great for you, but that would so stink for me! I think I'm gonna leave this movie to those who are die-heard-movie-goers, and those who have no movie preferences, because I doubt I will ever sit through another agonizing moment of Despicable Me.

Good family movie. Great for those little children that roam your house in search of snacks and entertainment. They'll enjoy it, no doubt. But for me, I like action movies, or at least ones that hold my attention away from the popcorn like, Rambo, Cars, Incredibles, etc., therefore Despicable Me is one of those movies that will not ever make it onto my movie shelf.

4 comments

  1. i personally really enjoyed it, though i do admit it was rather predictable :P but i loved agnes :)

    agnes: my caterpillar never turned into a butterfly *sad face*
    edith: that's a cheeto...
    agnes: oh. *eats old, disgusting cheeto*

    hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I just wanted to mention that it's not a Pixar movie. I think it was released by Universal. Just didn't want you to think badly of Pixar! :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You have a beautiful blog design! I especially love the first picture in your header, the one of the butterflies on a sheet of music. "Grace Like Rain" is such a lovely name. =)
    I just had to quick mention that "Despicable Me" is not a Pixar film. I am a fan of Pixar, and this movie is not one of theirs. Just to let you know!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Thanks guys! I had a feeling that I wasn't correct.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.