Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

Lessons Learned

February 13, 2011

Confidence has always been something I have struggled with. Over the years I have gained and lost confidence in myself, as well as in my own judgment. 
My lack of self-confidence has not always been an issue, but over the past year or two it has become apparent that my confidence has been superficial. It was a confidence that was not lasting. 
And when the veil was removed from my eyes, I realized that my confidence was not confidence at all, it was fear in the form of confidence. It was holding me back from realizing my full potential. Holding me back from realizing that my confidence comes from the Lord.
The Lord is substantiating, replenishing, strong, mighty, faithful, and all the confidence we will ever need in this life. This took me forever to understand.
 Waking up to this realization was not all that pleasant to do. It brought me out of my comfort zone and exposed me for who I was, rather that who I should be in Christ.
Confidence isn't being the best dancer, writer, singer, martial artist, football player, seamstress, etc. Confidence is knowing that the Lord is always near at hand should we ever need Him. "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." 1 John 5:14 (NKJV).
 Being comfortable in my own skin has been a struggle for me as well. And this goes along with my lack of confidence, which should solely revolve around the Lord. I want you to know that I serve a BIG GOD, and He-being my ALMIGHTY, SPECTACULAR Father-has revealed to me that my identity is in Him and Him alone.
Until I understood that God was enough, I couldn't move on and truly love myself, and feel comfortable in my own skin. He is my Creator and loves me for who I am. I am BEAUTIFUL in His eyes.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.