Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

CLOSER

January 10, 2011

I don't normally choose a single word to represent the new year; the goal I have for my Christian life.
But this year, I felt a tug at my heart to choose a word that would, in a sense, be my life goal for the new year.


I searched, looked, even prayed for God to reveal to me the word for 2011.


Nothing. Silence. It wasn't visible to me.
I read the Word thinking that maybe it would come to me there--that it might pop out at me.


I guess I was looking for a revelation?
The longer and harder I looked, the more discouraged I became.
That is, until I stumbled upon a new song by Shawn McDonald.


I now know my word for the year.


It's a simple word, but a marvelous and beautiful action and promise.
I want to be CLOSER to the Lord.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.