Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

White Layer Cake Recipe

December 27, 2010

Thank you all for the super nice Birthday Wishes! My day turned out better than expected...thanks to you all for your encouragement. And for those who asked: I did make my cake. I saw this darling picture online which inspired me to create my own 7 layered cake. (By the way...It was delish!). I chose 7 colors to use-all neon colors of coarse!

The recipe I used is an old recipe that I have had for all my birthdays since I was 13. I love it frozen (this is when it's the best) and piled high with fluffy Cream Cheese incing. So, if you're going to use this idea (by all means do, it's super cute), but don't really want to use a prepackaged cake mix (you want something with a clean, fresh flavor), here's the recipe I used. Trust me, it's to die for.

What you'll need:
  •  1/2 C. Butter
  • 1C. Sugar
  • 2 C. Flour
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 3 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 C. Milk
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 Egg whites, beaten stiff (beat before; add in later)
What you need to do:

Cream butter and sugar together in mixer. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Once the butter and sugar are blended together into a silky, fluffy consistency, add vanilla. With milk and dry ingredients, alternately add them into creamed mixture. Once all ingredients are combined, producing a pearl white batter, fold in your egg whites. After adding in the egg whites you can do one of two things: 1) separate mixture evenly into two bowls. In the two bowls, add your food coloring (one color in one bowl; another color in the other); mix together until the color has melded into the batter; then pour into 2 cake pans, or 2) leave cake plain and pour into 2 pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. (To get the 7 layers effect, you'll need to make the recipe 4 times. This will technically make 8 cakes, but you could either have 8 layers, or eat the 8th as a snack.) Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.