Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

It's A White Christmas

December 25, 2010


A white Christmas after all. It's been almost 50 years since it's snowed on Christmas day here in Cottontown, TN (a little speck on the planet). The trees are heavenly doused with white, fluffy snow. The ground in saturated with it's angelic goodness. The roof tops are elegantly draped in it's finery. But the roads are spotless, almost as if it's the picture perfect snow you'd see in the movies. All of it a gift from the Heavenly Father...the greatest Christmas present ever!


As a mix of Josh Groban and Michael Buble play in our house, I am ever so thankful for the ability to be living in America celebrating the Birth of Christ freely. And as I thank God for my many blessings, I pray that those without a place to call home or presents under the tree, will be blessed by God's abounding grace; that they will undoubtedly be thankful for whatever situation they may encounter; that they will enjoy this holiday season; and that they will come to know the true meaning of Christmas...Christ Jesus.


The Christmas presents have yet to be opened under our Christmas tree, but the stockings have been infiltrated. While there may not be a whole lot of Christmas decor around my house (and from some, a lot of Christmas cheer), we will gather around the tree in celebration of the Birth of our Lord and give presents as a gesture of our love for one another. 


In ending, take a moment to read a passage from Charles Dickens' The Christmas Carol. (I just love this scene...it's a beautiful reminder that we are to always cherish life, those around us and to be giving, heart & soul. Scrooge was a crabby, old codger, but in the end, he realized there's more gratification and pleasure in life when spending it with friends, family and helping those in need. We all need to realize that. His story is an excellent reminder.):

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. Oh, tell me I may sponge away the writing on this stone!" In his agony, he caught the spectral hand. It sought to free itself, but he was strong in his entreaty, and detained it. The Spirit, stronger yet, repulsed him. Holding up his hands in a last prayer to have his fate aye reversed, he saw an alteration in the Phantom's hood and dress. It shrunk, collapsed, and dwindled down into a bedpost. Yes! and the bedpost was his own.  The bed was his own, the room was his own.  Best and happiest of all, the Time before him was his own, to make amends in! "I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. "The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh Jacob Marley!  Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this. I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!"

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.