Marriage between one MAN and one WOMAN

October 20, 2010

Listening to: Lead Me-Sanctus Real 
Wordy Quote: "That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."-Genesis 2:24

Now before I share what I think about this subject matter, please realize that this is my blog and I am entitled to say whatever I feel God has led me to say. And if you disagree, and I have no doubt some of you won't have a problem doing that, it will in no way change my opinion of this present subject. 

Since it's the freedom of speech that allows us to voice our own opinions, I will do so here on my blog. However, the freedom of speech does not give us the right to undermine or slaughter the opinion of others, therefore I urge you to refrain from any belligerence or debating. 

There are quiet a few posts from other ladies' blogs that happen to go over this very sensitive and controversial topic known to many, if not all, as Homosexuality. And if you haven't noticed it happens to be spurred on by a very unique and bold blog button, which I and many others have posted on our sidebars. It's an anti-homosexuality button; and to give all due credit to where it is deserved: Bleah was the creator of this spectacular button. Kudos for such a bold move!
Take the button if you agree!
 Anyhow, since I have this anti-homosexuality button on my sidebar, I feel that I must explain my reason for being so strongly against homosexuality. I am not against the people who profess to be homosexual, just the way they choose to live their life.

Now, God loves all these people…regardless of their sins, right? Of course he does! But, does this mean he is tolerant of their sins? No. And yes, homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes (just like murder, stealing, blasphemy, etc), but this is a violation of one of the most sacred symbols of unity known to man and woman: Marriage. 

 Marriage is meant for only one man and one woman, and God clearly states his disgust for homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22:
 "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
So what does that tell you? Pretty much the plain, inevitable, and undeniable truth that homosexuality is WRONG. God is not tolerant of this behavior, that's notable. And for that matter--because God does not approve of marriage between two men or two women-- I will not look highly upon this lifestyle either. 

 Now, before you get all up-in-arms or head straight to the comment box to badger me with your incessant comments filled with rage or whatever, hear me out. I actually have an uncle who is gay and I happen to love him very much. All "gay" people are a gift, no doubt about that. But, then again, isn't everyone is a gift from God regardless if your gay or not? You don't have to be gay in order for you to be a gift from God.

 With my uncle being gay, his lifestyle presents our family with challenges and heartache. Since his becoming gay, we have watched him suffer with terrible, life-threatening illnesses. I understand some of you may not agree with this, but we are convinced these illnesses he faces may be the consequences he is having to face because of the lifestyle he chooses to live. 

 It also hurts us to have to limit his and his so-called "significant other" visitations and so forth, because we will have no part in his decision to be gay; we will not support their lifestyle. It's not because we don't love them or like them--we certainly don't hate them. But because they are living the homosexual life-style, we will not allow them to do certain things with us because we do not wish to promote or encourage their lifestyle which we strongly disagree with. 

 Just the other day I ran across an argument presented by a fellow Christian blogger to her followers on homosexuality. She was— I'll give her credit—standing up for what she believes is RIGHT by stating that:

"Gay people are a gift from God, and are wonderful. How can they be a sin, if they are only being THEMSELVES. God would not have created them if they were a "sin", because God loves EVERYONE equally and is supposed to not judge others! God is supposed to be a LOVING God, but if he thinks Gay people are sins, then how is that LOVING of his own sons and daughters!" 

Note: I am not trying to insult, badger, or degrade this girl's personal views on homosexuality, so please don't take offense. I am only using this as an example to support my own views.

 However, I have to disagree with her and, aside from giving my apologies for possibly hurting anyone's feelings, I have to give my counter argument to this girl's views on what she believes is RIGHT. As I have already stated before, we're all gifts from God--"gay" or not. But, what I have a hard time understanding is why people believe that people who choose to be gay are only "being themselves"...they're submersed in sin. And if you call living in sin a lifestyle and "being themselves", then I could agree with that statement. We're all sinners; it's a part of our sinful nature, something we have to deal with daily. But, stating that homosexuals are only "being themselves" isn't a strong argument; anyone could say that to justify the choices they make. 

God didn't create sin. Well, if God didn't, then who did? I was searching for the answer to this question and ran across a site that explained this concept very well. At NeverThirsty, the authors of this article state that the creator of sin is clearly not God. In fact, sin is something we create every day. This happens "when we choose to disobey God's absolute moral standard. God did not create sin. God tells us that He cannot sin nor can He be tempted with sin."

In the article they urge their readers to listen to the book of James:
"Let no one say he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God", for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when list has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death." (NASB) James 1: 12-15.




So what do you think now? If God isn't the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33), then He most certainty isn't the author of sin; that would be a huge contradiction! God didn't create sin, obvious; that means God also had no part in creating homosexuality. God created humans in His own image. God was pure, shameless, blameless, sinless. Since He created humans in His image, don't you think it's safe to conclude that the homosexual-life style was never a natural tendency, that is, until sin entered the picture? 

Take a moment to read the passage below:
"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." (NASB) Genesis 1:27
No, sin wasn't a God thing. Sin happened because of our inability to obey and follow God's command. And because of our sins, we live in a fallen world, and are constantly opening doors that should stay closed, such as homosexuality. 

In Leviticus 20:13, it states that:
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them  have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." 
God loves EVERYONE equally and is supposed to not judge others! Yes, God loves everyone equally...who told you he didn't? If God didn't love us all the same, then half of us would be doomed to an eternal damnation, would never have a chance to experience the abounding and unending love of the Father...heck, he probably would have wiped out those he didn't love with a plague or something. He loves us all, so don't worry!

Here is some evidence from the Bible showing that God is a God of love:
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8
 But, even though God is a loving God, he is also jealous God (Deuteronomy 4:21-24). According to BibleTools: any form of false idols, such as idolatry and homosexuality become a case of divided loyalties. Homosexuals are their own idols. And when we choose to worship other Gods (like money, men/women, ourselves), but the one true God, He [God] "becomes angry, jealous, when this happens spiritually." 

BibleTools also states that, "in Deuteronomy 4:24, His anger becomes so hot that He describes Himself as being a consuming fire. Fire symbolizes God's radiant glory as an aspect of His holiness."

….But if he thinks Gay people are sins, then how is that LOVING of his own sons and daughters!? While God loves us all equally, we have to understand that God does things to direct us back to Him. He takes no joy in watching us suffer but allows certain things to happen in our lives. If we choose to ignore His efforts to guide us back to Him, then he, as stated by Paul in Romans, gives us up to our sinful desires. However, the verse that mentions this is mainly talking about homosexuals:
 "Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.” Romans 1:24
He loves us! O how he loves us! Yet, we must understand that God doesn’t see us as sin, but as sinners. And while he mentions that we are sinners, he mentions in Romans 5:8 that:
“God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
God died to save us from our sins. He has forgiven us! But homosexuals are not sins in themselves, God never states that anywhere. It is their homosexual-life style that is considered a sin and detestable in God’s eyes. It’s not the person, only the sin.

4 comments

  1. Hmm. I don't think a button is going to help anything. It's good to stand up for what you believe in, but if an athiest made an anti-Christian button, wouldn't you be offended?

    God calls us to love one another. You can believe homosexuality is wrong and you can share that belief with others, but doing so in a way that promotes the scorning of other people seems a little shady.

    I'm not trying to preach to you; I'm just giving you something to think about.

    God bless,
    Melissa Renee
    girls-4-god.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each is his own. You have your opinion, and I my own. And an anti-christian button would not offend me in the least, because those people are expressing their own views about a matter they feel strongly about, and I would not take that away from them. For one, I would be the bigger person and know that what they are saying is wrong, and I would have faith-knowing that I am right in what I believe. I would pray for them, not be hurt by their "button".

      As for the anti-homosexual button, I don't see what's so "offensive" by it. If stating the truth is offensive to people, then that's their problem. I am not here to sugarcoat what I believe just because of the fear that I could insult someone. People shouldn't wear their feelings on their shoulders. Plus, I am sure that there are people out there who could care even less than I about how they hurt others with their opinions.

      I took great care in making sure that my post here was as objective as I could make it, considering my own uncle (who is homosexual) reads my blog on a regular basis. I am not against the people, as was stated in my post. I am against the sin. I don't like the sin; it's nothing against the sinner. We are called to love all, yes. But it's even stated in the Bible that we are not to love the sin. Why would God say this if it were not truth?

      I am by no means a hater. I aim to please and love all. But my faith does not allow me to love the sin of homosexuality, or murder, or stealing, or abortion, or any other sin known to man. Not even my own.

      I do thank you for taking the time to post, and share your thoughts with me. However, I am afraid I do not see your point, or share your views on this. If I were aiming to scorn and scoff homosexuals in a more personal manner, then I would have used more abrasive terms. As of yet, I feel no need to do this, because I do not hate gays, just how they choose to live their life. And until there comes a time where it's no longer legal to share my opinions and personal views, I will continue to share them the way I see fit-no sugarcoating.

      Delete
  2. No, I didn't mean you were hating on gays. I totally get your standpoint. (Hate the sin, not the sinner, right?) I'm just suggesting that there are better ways to advocate your stance on homosexuality. It's not for us to decide what shouldn't offend other people; we have to be aware of other people's feelings. And not that you should cater to their feelings at all, but that you shold see how your words and actions reflect God. Would an "anti-homosexuality button" help people to see God for who He really is, or would it lead them to see God as someone He isn't? A button isn't going to convince anyone to stop being gay, but it could portray Christians in a negative light. If you want to stand up for something you believe in, harness the greatest power God has given us: prayer. I'm sure you have already, but perhaps leaving it at prayer and letting God do the work in people's hearts is more effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am sorry you feel that way, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. But this is my blog, and these are my thoughts on how I feel about the subject.

      That is something I will not change for anyone regardless of what they say, or how they think this post should be worded. And while there are other ways I could have gone about writing this post, it's been over 2 years since this was written, so it makes no sense to rewrite it now.

      I have grown and matured, and have become more opinionated about the matter, and have hopefully become a more sophisticated writer. But, either way, this post was not written with any intention of trying to win over any homosexual. No do I wish to convert them. That matter is best left up to them and God. But that doesn't mean I can't share my views.

      I don't feel that this post was written to convert people to see my views. The only reason for this post was to express how I feel about homosexuality, and especially not to please anyone person. And while it was spurred on by the button, I did not write this post solely because of the button itself.

      Life is a box of chocolates, everyone has their own views and opinions on different matters. And mine just happens to be stated here in this post.

      Em

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.