Singing in the Rain Blog Party!
Singing in the Rain. The author of this blog is fantastic and very, very sweet! She's hosting a giveaway on her blog to celebrate her 200th post! Well, along with her giveaway, she's also doing a blog hop! And I am going to join. :) Oh, and you can enter, too! There are some sweet blog designs that you can have a chance to win. The giveaway ends Sep. 8, so you might want to hurry.
Here are my answers:
Here are my answers:
1. What has been your favorite part of summer so far? My favorite part of summer has been the ability to relax without having to do school! I have done a lot of reading, been to Florida for 2 weeks and spent a whole week in my favorite place on earth...Williamsburg, Virginia!
2. What is your favorite part of autumn? Autumn is always so relaxing. It's in between summer and winter, and it offers a mix of cool and warm weather. I love it because my family and I get together and have weenie roasts, drink lots of lemonade and start gearing up towards the winter months by going to the Amish country, canning, drying veggies and fruits, as well as making sure our sewing supplies is big enough to carry us through the winter!
3. Raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens? Most definitely rain drops on roses! Every time I hear that song, I think of how pretty roses looks with the dew drops on them and the early morning sun hitting them just right. Breathtaking!
4. Describe your dream house: An 18th century fixer-upper. Technically, I want a colonial home with all the charm and character, old flooring, unique walls and layout, outhouses, barns, and buried treasure. I mainly just want a piece of history to call my own. Other than that, I don't really care what it looks like.
5. What's your favorite movie? The Patriot. If you know me, you will understand why I love this movie so darn much!
6. Quote something from the book you most recently read: "Did it never strike your mind that what every woman says some women may feel?" (Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles, 92).
7. What do you like/not like about my blog? I love the design! It's very elegant and unique. :)
8. Rain or shine? Both. I love it when it sunny and it just so happens to be raining! What a splendid contrast.
9. The worst grammatical mistake, in your opinion: Spelling and not using the proper punctuation. It's a pity to see someone misuse a comma or a period. But, who am I to judge? I am quiet sure I have done this as well.
10. If you had a choice, would you want to live: in the mountains, in a rainforest, on a prairie, or by the beach? I would live in the mountains of West Virginia! I come from a long line of coal miners an Appalachian folk, and that's where I feel most at home.
11. What character from a book would you say you are most like? Rachel Raymond. She's the character in my story The Lost Get Found.
12. Be constantly talking the rest of your life or not be able to communicate in any way for the rest of your life? Dear me! I would annoy myself if I couldn't stop chattering for the rest of my life. But, then again, the silence of not being able to talk would drive me insane. I suppose I would much rather be a chatter box on coffee.
13. Owl City or Switchfoot? Owl City because of their awesome techno beat! And their song lyrics are pretty cool, too.
14. Taylor Swift of Selena Gomez? Gag me! I don't like Taylor Swift AT ALL. And Selena Gomez? Yeah, I like her. In fact, I have a few of her songs on my MP3.
15. Your pet peeve? I have many, but my main one is when people chew with their mouth open or talk with gobs of food crammed in their mouth.16. What's your favorite font?: Bilbo Hand or Ringbearer
17. How are you educated? (i.e. homeschooled, public schooled, private schooled): Homeschooled all the way through highschool! I don't know anything else.
18. Do you consider yourself tomboy-ish or feminine? More like a tom-boy than a girly-girl. I hate wearing skirts and frilly things. I prefer t-shirts and jeans.
19. What's your favorite song? My favorite song? Oh, gees, I have no clue! Um, I think it's probably Don't Stop Believing by Journey.
20. Did you enjoy answering these questions? Yes, very much!