New Job!

September 7, 2010

Today was my first day on the job. I don't think I have even mentioned this to you all?! Sorry. Well, I am working at a historical site in Goodletsville, Tennessee called Mansker's Station. I have been going there since I was a little girl, have volunteered there for four years, and will now be an employee!

I am very excited and nervous all at the same time, but I know it's all in God's hands...everything will work out for the best. My legs and feet hurt right now from all the standing I did today. Since I am a re-enactor, I am able to do sewing, embroidery and other things to help my interpretation of the 18th century-which I find to be nice. That's only a part of it. There is manual labor involved as well-which I like!

I followed the main re-enactors around as they showed me the ropes. I just hope I never set off the alarm! (Mr. Bill..one of the re-enactors..told me he does it all the time). Oh, but knowing me, I probably will! And trying to unlock the cabins is a bit tricky because the locks tend to be persnickety.

Gees, I am tired... *yawns* It was so hot, and having to help build a small block cabin (fairly good sized cabin), so that it can be burnt in an Indian skirmish October 2nd, takes a lot out of a person. I really didn't do a lot because it involved some massive tools (tractor and chain saw), but I did help place the logs over each other and then clean up, and put the remainder of the wood in the cabins inside the fort.

Yep, it was a long day; a good one though. I have to go now. I hope you all have a good Labor Day weekend and will enjoy the rest of your week! Oh, my Grandpa (the one with Bladder cancer) has had his chemo postponed until his white blood cell count comes back up. Until then, he's on 'house arrest'. He and my Grandpa went to the doctors today, so we'll see what the news is concerning his chemo treatments hopefully today or tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers! Thank you.

3 comments

  1. Your job sounds awesome. I've always thought it would be so amazing to work at a historical site as one of the re-enactors, especially if you really love history! Which I know you do. :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a fun job, Em! I'll be writing you a letter soon! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Em! Really awesome. Congrats and blessings on it. I'll be emailing you today :)

    :)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.