Interview: Katherine at Observations on Becoming

September 10, 2010

Today is a very special day because today, I reveal to you my interview done with the beautiful Katherine from Observations on Becoming. I am honored to have been given this chance to interview such a wonderful, young Christian lady. I am blessed to have been able to meet her here on blogger and have been a devoted follower (not always a commenter) of her blog for the past year. She is such a wise and dear, sweet girl and I hope that through these questions and answers, you will be able to get to know her! I hope her answers inspire you just as much as they did me! Now, without further ado, please enjoy the interview...


Emily: Since we all like getting to know about our fellow bloggers, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Katherine: I'm 16 years old and I live with my parent's, younger brother, and our dog Leo. I have been homeschooled since 1st grade, and I'm so glad for my education. I was born in New York and moved to Pennsylvania when I was a wee 1 year old. :) I love writing, especially on my blog, I love singing and playing the piano (for 10 years), and a variety of pastimes. And movies... ;)

Emily: Would you say that you have a pretty good relationship with your parents? How so?

Katherine: I think I have a very good relationship with my parent's. I've recently begun working on being more respectful and honoring, and I want to begin asking them for advice more often, before I have to call to do it instead of walk into the next room. :) But I and my parent's are very open-they share their mistakes and their victories with me, trusting that I won't think less of them, but on the contrary think more of them because they're more concerned with me learning from their and my mistakes then their pride as people and parent's. This is just my opinion, of course, so please don't take offense anyone.

Emily: What do you think helps make a family relationship strong?

Katherine: I think sharing together, praying together, believing together, and being silly together. But mostly, learning and bearing together. And when we love each other as G-D would have us, it makes any relationship strong.

Emily: It's obvious you are a firm believer in Christ. Would you like to share with us how you came to know the Lord and what He's doing in your life?

Katherine: My mother and her mother and the generations before them have always had a fear of HaShem (G-D) and so I grew up with that. But I grew up in the Spanish Pentacostal church and religion, until I was about 8, I think. Then we attended a Christian church now and then. But we never stopped honoring and living for the L-rd. When I was 11, we observed our first Jewish Sabbath. From then on was a journey to observe Torah (the old testament, or the Jewish bible) and we're more at home and happy in our practice of faith, in HaShem, then we could have imagined, and all the confusion ,struggles, and lonliness has been and will always be worth it. As you said, we still believe in Yeshua (Jesus), that He is the Messiah, and will come again. :)

Emily: What does God mean to you?

Katherine: G-D is the creator of the universe, the giver of the Torah, He is one with Yeshua and the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit), and He is, He was, and He is to come. He created each of us, and He lives in each of us. :)

Emily: Can you tell us some of the things that inspire you to blog?

Katherine: I started a blog because I wanted to share what G-D inspires and teaches me with, to encourage other young ladies. I also wanted to read other's blogs who were like me, who were commited to purity, to G-D, and shared the same rebellion against low expectations.

Emily: You have a photography blog and even take photos for people. How did you get into photography?

Katherine: Well when I was 11 I started to use my mom's camera and loved it. I was really looking for something to start my own business out of, so I researched photography and took some pictures, but after a while forgot about it. Then when I was 14 I was still looking for a business, and it came to me. Photography. :)

Emily:  How did you start your own photography business? Was it hard?

Katherine: It was a bit hard because I didn't know if I was doing it right, and I started from scartch. But I decided to just do it rather than wait for some marvelous revalation to come to me so I could blow it out the park- I knew experience would be my teacher here, and it was. Now I'm reading some photography business books and attended a conference, and I know much of what they say. The Internet is a really great resource, except for the varying opinons you may find.

Emily: Any advice for aspiring photographers?

Katherine: Photography can be a hobby, a small business.

Emily: What are your plans for the future? Do you plan on going to college? Furthering your photography career, etc.?

Emily: Aside from photography, what other hobbies do you enjoy?

Katherine: I enjoy walking, swimming, and swinging, reading, dancing, singing, watching movies, but mostly doing all those things with family and friends. And of course more miscellaneous things that I can't remember. But my main hobbies are photography, music, and writing.

Emily: What type of music do you prefer to listen to (i.e., Christian, Rock, Country, etc.)?

Katherine: I listen to all types of music, secular and worship, all kinds of both. I especially like Jazz, though. Of course I don't listen to anything explicit or inappropriate. Filling my ears with things will result in them becoming a part of me and therefore coming out in my words and actions.

Emily: If God gave you the chance to be heard by every single person on this earth, what would you say to them?

Katherine: G-D loves you. Love yourself. Live to love.

Emily: Aside from writing for your blog, do you like to write stories or books? If so, what's the best part about writing/being an author?

Katherine: I am part of a group of girls that are writing a sequel to Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, at Sisters of Pemberly. I've tried other fiction some, and I like it, but not as much as the type of writing I do on my blog.

Emily: What's your "life" verse from the Bible? Can you tell us what it means to you and why you chose this verse?

Katherine: "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be acceptable in Your presence, Adonai, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14. I love this verse because its applicable to every day and every situation. Every moment, and every life dedicated to HaShem. Its intricate because our thoughts and words make the fabric of our lives.

Emily:  Who is your favorite author and why?

Katherine: Oh dear, this is such a difficult question. I don't have a favorite author but you can read my A Love for Literature blog to get an idea of what I read-again, I'm versatile, at least I'm beginning to be with my reading. But I can say some of my favorite modern day authors are Lemony Snicket, J.K Rowling, and some of my favorite 19th century authors are L.M Montgomery, and Charles Dickens. I really like fiction, but I also like self help.
  
Emily: What's your favorite book of the Bible and why?

Katherine: Oh, its a tie between Deuteronomy, Pslams, and Proverbs. :) I love the versatility of Psalms, the wisdom in Proverb's, and the depth and love for G-d in Deuteronomy.

Emily: If you could say one thing to all of the teens inhabiting the face of the earth, what would it be?

Katherine: I think I would say, develop yourself now, learn to live now, learn from others mistakes and victories, don't try to learn the hard way, but don't be afraid to learn. Do hard things, and live for Him. Its hard to narrow it down. :)

A word from Katherine: I want to thank Emily Shae for honoring me with an interview and for all who read this! I hope you were encouraged or amused. :) Blessings!

Yes, thank you so very much Katherine for sharing with us a little bit about yourself and allowing us to get to know you better! You are such a wise and spiritual person...may God bless you always! I hope you all enjoyed this interview with Katherine. As you can tell, she is such a wonderful person to get to know. If you would like to be interviewed here on Grace Like Rain, please contact me!

2 comments

  1. Thank you so much, Em!!!I missed a few questions and didn't finish one! My brain sometimes!!! For those who comment, thank you, and know that I will be answering the questions I missed on my blog :)

    lots o love and blessings Em!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great, Em! Good job, Katherine--your answers were beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.