A Call To Prayer

I would like to ask you all to pray for my Grandpa with me. Just yesterday he went to get an biopsy of his bladder at the hospital in Jacksonville, FL. While we were down there the last two weeks, my Grandpa was experiencing problems with his lower abdomen. He thought it was a kidney infection, a bladder infection, or even a kidney stone. He had MRIs, Cat-scans, blood tests and other tests to see what could be causing him so much pain. They really didn't reveal anything. So for two weeks, he ate practically nothing, slept very little, and was very week. The reason for his weakness? He was peeing blood. A lot of blood.

Well, his biopsy came back today. The results? Evasive Bladder Cancer. What's that mean? The Doctors don't know how long he's had this, but it's obvious been there long enough to infiltrate his bladder. Meaning, it's infected every inch of it, including the lining. There are two ways this could go...1) either the cancer has spread throughout his whole body, or 2) the doctors have caught it just in time. How to fix this (if possible)? If the cancer has spread, my Grandpa will have to go through some major chemotherapy and radiation. There's a friend of his at church who's gone through the same thing and is cancer free. We're hoping this isn't the case with my Grandpa, but this guy is a symbol of hope. If it hasn't spread, then the doctors will have to possibly remove his bladder to keep the cancer from spreading through the rest of his body.

Please pray for him. Pray that he'll be strong and have courage. That's he won't give up. That he'll be positive, and be a beacon of light to those who look up to him, admire him, and were once a part of his congregation he was a Pastor). Also, please pray for my Grandma. She's so worried about my Grandpa. Pray that she'll be the strength my Grandpa needs to endure and fight this cancer. Pray that God will love, hold, comfort, and strengthen them both.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

  1. I will most definitely be praying for all the things you requested for your Grandpa, and also for his complete healing!

    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5

    Many Blessings,
    ~ Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I will most certainly pray for him, and that your whole family will have strength through this tough time.

    In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that your grandfather experiences great peace throughout all of this and that he will emerge victorious over such an insidious disease! God bless you!
    In the strength of Christ,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I am praying for him, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm sorry to hear about this Emily! I'm praying that your Grandpa's life will glorify God in sickness and in health. This must be a difficult time for your whole family and I'm praying that He will give all of you strength and comfort. Blessings dear friend! ~Eden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats horrible. I'll keep them in my thoughts, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really hope he gets better! My wishes with you and your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will Defiantly be praying for you family! Jacksonvill has the best hospitals in Florida ;)

    Phil 4:13 - I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts