Interview With Cadia Magazine

April 30, 2010

I am excited to announce that Megan has graciously honored us with an interview! Megan is an awesome writer, a beautiful Christian girl and is the founder of Cadia. Cadia is an online magazine where girls of all ages can come and learn more about Christ, while at the same time, have fun and fellowship with other believers. The vibe at Cadia is very warm and accepting. I am excited to read their first issue that is coming out this May, and I encourage you all to head over there (*wink-wink*) when you get the chance and check the place out! It's an amazing place to hang out and relax. 


Now, without further ado, I will let you read the amazing interview Q&A!

Emily: How about you tell us a little about yourself?



Megan: My name is Megan and I the 14 year old creator of Cadia magazine. I love to organize! Literally, I could find things in my room blind folded. :) I am also a dancer and am apart of my dance centers competitive dance team. I love reading my Bible, writing, photography, graphic design, reading, and more!


Emily: How did you come across the idea for Cadia magazine?


Megan: Well, ever since I was younger I have written newsletters, newspapers, small magazines, and books so things like Cadia is something I love to do.It all started in about August of 2009 (not many people have heard this part of the story :) ) when I felt this strange little tug on my heart about a Christian girls magazine. So I started looking on the Internet about magazines and such, then I dropped the idea. Fast forward to December 2009 when my Bible teacher asked us 5 things we would like to accomplish as teenagers. Immediately, the Christian girls magazine idea popped into my mind and I wrote that down. Christmas break came and I began writing out what could be in our magazine. coming up with a name, set up an e-mail and website, and more. Then I forgot about Cadia for a while until January when I started getting the word out and we came up with a team and began working on our first issue of the magazine.


Emily: What's the purpose/mission of the Cadia magazine?


Megan: 1. To encourage girls with their walk with Christ and teach them to glorify the Lord in all things they do and say.


2. To create a magazine which Christian girls all over the world will enjoy and share with their friends, sisters, and moms.


3. To give girls the determination to reach out and accomplish their dreams


Emily:  OK, we all want to know! What does Cadia stand for?


Megan: Cadia means "a place of peace".


Emily:  Would you mind giving us a sneak peak at Cadia's May issue? What are some of the highlights that the magazine will be featuring?


Megan: Sure! Here is a list of some of the things coming up in our May/June issue.


~Exclusive interview with Leslie Ludy


~Meet the Staff-Meet all of the amazing girls who make Cadia magazine happen!


~Real Life-Real Girl- A fun subscriber interview


~Mercy on My Mind- Devotional on showing mercy.


~Dear Lexi- A fun, Christian girls advice column


~Defining Purity God's Way- A devotional all about being pure for Christ.




Emily:  We want to know more about you, too! So, you are a firm believer in Christ. Awesome! Would you like to share with us how you came to know the Lord and what He’s doing in your life?

Megan: So my whole life I have been raised in a Christian environment. both of my parents are very strong Christians and love the Lord, we regularly attend church (we go every week but sometimes life happens where everyone is sick and you can't make it), I have gone to a Christian school my whole life, and I am active in Bible studies. It wasn't until January 29, 2010 that I became a true child of the Lord after years of thinking I was a child of Him. January 29th was a day when our school was having 2 guess speakers, twin football players of all people. Now, let me tell you, I don't understand football. My friends have tried to explain it many times, but being a person who learns by doing things, I can't actually  understand it until I do it. So the men started speaking and I heard a little voice in my head that I wasn't a Christian and needed to become a child of the Lord. I ignored the voice and continued listening. The voice came again a little later while the men were talking and once again I ignored it and continued listening. At the very end of the presentation, it was as if these guys were talking directly to me when they said, "If you have been battling with the Holy Spirit for the past hour about becoming a Christian and you have been ignoring it, accept Christ as your Lord and Savior now!" They had everyone close their eyes in prayer and I started crying. I'm not the crying type, but I was crying out of happiness and joy, because I knew in my heart I was now an official child of the Lord. 

Emily: What are some of your favorite hobbies?

Megan: Well, I love to dance and attend dance classes, I love photography, reading, writing, board games, and more. My new favorite hobby after starting the magazine is graphic design, although I am not the best at it I keep getting better!

Emily:  What type of music do you prefer to listen to (i.e., Christian, Rock, Country, etc.)?

Megan: I love listening to music! I am a huge fan of Christian, pop, and a little bit of country, but of coarse I make wise choices in what I listen to and I am very careful to pay attention to what the music is saying.

Emily: If God gave you the chance to be heard by every single person on this earth, what would you say to them?

Megan: I would tell them about Christ. :)

Emily:  Since you are the founder of Cadia Magazine, does this mean you like to write? If so, what’s the best part about writing/being an author? 

Megan: I love writing! The best part about being a writer for Cadia magazine is that now my writing is going to be published in the magazine for hundreds of girls to see!

Emily:  What's your "life" verse from the Bible? Can you tell us what it means to you and why you chose this verse?

Megan: My life verse is Philippians 2:15, "So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." To me, this verse means that since I am a child of God, I need to be a light to others and lead them to Christ. We do live in a crooked and depraved generation, and by being lights and shining for Christ, we can make a difference in this world for Him!

Emily: Everyone has a favorite book! So what’s your favorite book?

Megan: I love Little Women! It is my favorite book ever!


Emily: What are some exciting places you've been?
Megan: I have been to lots of amazing places, but when I read exciting, I immediately thought of Atlanta, Georgia because we always have an exciting experience at the air port their. I have never been in that air port for more than 15 minutes because we always have another flight to catch their AFTER our first plane ride. Usually the 15 minutes in the airport is spent running to make it to our next flight. :)

Emily:  What’s your favorite book of the Bible? Why?

Megan: My favorite book of the Bible is Philippians because I always learn something new from it and the Holy Spirit always speaks to me in different ways through it. My life verse is even from Philippians


Emily: Final question: Who would you say has been the best friend in your entire life – out of them all? :)

Megan: I am not sure if this best friend would want me to use her real name online, so I am going to call her by the nickname she was given in second grade, George. We have been best friends since 2nd grade and we are at the point were she can tell if I am upset or know what I am thinking just by looking at my face and I am not very dramatic. She is always their for me and I tell her everything!


Thank you so much, Megan for allowing me to interview you. I look forward to reading Cadia's first issue and watching your magazine grow and flourish. :)

4 comments

  1. Hey Emily,
    Nice interview! I am Charity, a writer, editor, photographer, and designer for Cadia Mag... :-)
    Also, Cadia Mag is released TODAY - APRIL 30TH!!!! Praise be to God.
    Blessings,
    Chare

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I am also looking forward to the upcoming issue of Cadia.

    Many blessings,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I awarded you: http://thefaithfulelvenprincess.blogspot.com/2010/05/awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.