Embrace the Present

April 29, 2010


"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."~Jan Glidewell
We cling to the past as if it defines who we are. Let go of all that has happened (the dad, guilt, grudges, etc.)and go forth with a pure spirit and a joyful smile. Hanging on to the past only makes us tired and makes it difficult to enjoy the present, and dream about the future. Enjoy life, so let go of the past and embrace the beauty of the present and the promise of the future!                     

6 comments

  1. It is a lot easier to live in the past... and in the future. I know bunches of people who focus on the future, as opposed to the present. I think a lot of the stresses of today’s world could be minimized if people focused on today... the present... as opposed to the very precarious tomorrow. Because... today is the here and now... today is where things are going to be accomplished. Not saying that the future should never be considered... I just think people bet too much on it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I just was at the hospital and ER, and I needed this post...I just need to let go of everything that was terrible at the hospital the last few days and embrace the PRESENT! (:

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekah: Oh my! At the hospital and the ER, you sag? Goodness. Well, I am glad that this post helped you out!

    Pearl: I agree completely. People tend to focus way too much on the past and future. Even thought planning for the future (as far as humanly possible) is a fine line because you never know what's going to happen! But, no matter the course that God has placed us on, and no matter what has happened in the past we should learn from it and embrace every minute of it, since it is a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I just noticed I spelt *say* wrong. Sorry about that Bekah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I needed that just about now :) thanks Emily!
    Love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.