Pregnancy Pact

March 5, 2010



I was watching this really crazy show/movie on Lifetime called The Pregnancy Pact.

Yep, the name says is all...

The movie was inspired by a true story that supposedly happened at a school in Massachusetts. It was about a group of girls (5), all in their teens, who promised each other to get pregnant.

 Whew! Awkward.

Every girl wants to have a baby, that's how God made us. To want to have a baby (with your husband), to take care of it, to love it unconditionally is what girls (I mean married women) are supposed to do, be maternal. But not at a time in life when it could effect teen girls greatly: emotionally and physically.


Its obvious they were living in their own "little world". They thought that they were going to have babies, dress them up in cute little outfits, still go to school, go to the park, hang out and pretend like nothing every happened, that everything was "normal".
 
Well, if you ask me...which you didn't....but I'm going to tell you anyway because I believe that teens having sex and getting pregnant at such a ripe, young age is anything but "normal".

I mean, girls who choose to commit themselves to a pact that holds them to their promise to get pregnant is not the type of group I would want to associate with. Even if they were a group of people I've known all my life. Hello and good-by. I'll be praying for you, I still love you...you're my friend. But, I have to stay steadfast in my morals, my beliefs and in my God. Therefore, cannot submerse myself in sins of sexual immorality. I cannot submerse myself in anything, or hang out with anybody that could potentially persuade me to do something stupid!

Let's be Logical!!!!!

After a while, the girls in the movie were having second thoughts about being pregnant. They wished they had never had sex!

Amazing.

Those girls had sex thinking they were living out their ultimate goal in life--to have a baby. Instead of a bed of roses, they got a bed of thorns...they finally woke up from their fairytale dream and begin to realize...."Um, that wasn't such a good idea. It sounded good at the time, but I didn't think about the consequences!!"

That is pure evidence at the deceitful liar Satan is! He got those girls to thinking it was okay to have sex before marriage. And if they did it together nothing could go wrong. But, in the end everything did. They lost their friends, boyfriends, and their parents trust. Out of their whole shebang came tougher sex education, teaching of birth control (which is a 50-50 chance of getting pregnant) and a baby (babies are precious gifts, don't get me wrong. But they are they type of gift that should be saved for marriage, just like sex).

Choosing to get pregnant and tricking a guy to have sex with you so you can have a baby (and how is that even possible--don't ask me!) is morally wrong on so many levels.Getting pregnant has changed the lives of so many girls and guys. Some may argue that it was for the best. But those emotions are only skin deep, there are deeper, more painful emotions deep down. God knows their hearts.  

NOTE: I am not condemning any teen mother on the choices she had made. I am not trying to make them feel less than perfect, worthless and the scum of the earth. Because they aren't! If that was the case, we'd all be scum of the earth! People make mistakes, get lost, but they can be found! God is forgiving. And he can wipe the slate clean. All they need is to believe that Jesus was the son of God! It's just appalling that girls would promise to get pregnant together. Why they choose to do that is beyond me. All we can do is pray for teen mothers and love them minus the sin.

6 comments

  1. WOW! I'm at a loss for words.
    Streaking was the thing when I was in school.Not that I did it.

    Thank you for stopping by from the blog parade.

    Happy blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie as well and I was laughing at the scene where they said "and what if we all have girls? They can have play dates and we can paint their nails!" I was stunned that that was how they thought life at 16 would be with a baby. NO! You have to support that baby, stay in school, get a job to pay for that baby. I don't understand why girls/guys do this...do they not realize it's consequense?

    xo
    alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've awarded you on my blog http://megansblogforeverything.blogspot.com/2010/03/ive-been-awarded.html

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have herd of this movie. Did you know it was based on a real story? There was a group of teenagers who saw the movie "Juno" {haven't seen it but I have heard that there is some teen who has a baby} and decided to follow suit. I totally agree with Alyssa. Have they thought this through? How can someone be that {for lack of a better word} ditsy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Nana, I did hear that it was a true story. Crazy, huh!? I cannot believe that someone in their right mind would do such a thing? What a fallen world we live in.

    They must not realize that what they are about to do can change their lives forever. My goodness, how careless and thoughtless people can be at times. Just goes to show we cannot let our guard down and we always need to walk daily with the Lord.

    Love and Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.