Empty Me

I've had just enough of the spotlight
When it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood
And I've tasted my share
Of the sweet life
And the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you
I've seen just enough of the quick buys
Of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you
Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
Compared to you
Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
So I surrender all
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you.
Filled with you
Empty me
........................................................

Ah, the beautiful lyrics sung by the amazing, sweet Chris Sligh! I love Chris Sligh. OK. You know what I mean, right? He's so cool! Every heard of him? Listened to his music? Or seen him on American Idol?
Well, if you haven't them shame on you! {Just kidding}.

But seriously, you should listen to his music. It is so touching, uplifting and makes you think about things that you normally wouldn't. At least I made me think.

When he was on American Idol, my family and I gave him a nickname {that I am sure everyone in America did as well}, Curly Chris. That was because of his super awesome Afro!

Anyway, he sings the song called Empty Me. {The lyrics above}. Empty Me is my favorite song!

Every time I hear this song, I cannot help but fall into a relaxed, jello-like state. I mean, that song it so powerful! It's hard not to feel the love of God when you hear that song.

As I listened to this song, I couldn't help but think about myself and what I am putting all of my focus on. Was it all about me, school, and life in general, or was I completely and ardently focused on my Lord? Well, to tell you the truth, I have failed to be 100% committed to my Lord.

I am not perfect.
I do struggle to find time to devote to the Lord. But, the Lord should always come first, and I have learned that over the past few months. Nothing is as important as our walk with God!

So, as I listened to this song, I began to think....

Life is tough and the pressure to be great takes it's tole on us. People just expect us to be perfect.

Well, that's just not possible in a fallen world! Sometimes we let things go to our head and we become prideful, boastful and conceited.


Normal, right?

Every person goes through this.


Nobody is blameless.


With all of these distractions, its no wonder we often loose sight of what it truly the most important thing we have, God. When we fill our mind and body with the lesser things in life-- other than God--it is safe to say that we have barely enough room to be filled with the "big man" upstairs...{that being God, our Holy Father, of course!}.

Empty Me is a prayer that every Christian should sing and pray on a daily basis. We shouldn't put so much focus on the little things in life.


That's not what's important!


Instead, we should fill out hearts, minds and bodies with something that will last a lifetime, something that will never fade. That is out Heavenly Father!


So, we pray to God that he will empty us of our selfishness, vain ambitions, pride, and
any foolish thing our hearts hold onto. We just ask the Lord to empty us of ourselves that we can


be filled with his love, ambition and determination.


If we are constantly filled with things that are not of God, then we leave no room for Him....
God gets left out of the big picture. And when that happens, we seem to shut Him out and become ineffective for Him, thus we need to be empties everyday of our pride, selfishness and all of those other sins, so that we can be filled with Him and so He can use us!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts