Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

Can Opposites Attract?

February 24, 2010

Lately, I have realized how true it was that opposites do attract. However, I don’t think this is true in every person’s experience. I am not the loudest person, unless you get me roused up. I can, when provoked be loud and very enthusiastic! But, I am usually the one you will find standing in the corner of a party alone, reading a book, writing an essay/novel or outside gardening. I love to joke, plat pranks on my family, give orders and be the leader I was born to be [every one's a leader in some respect]. I love having fun, yet, in all actuality, I am what you would call reserved. Is this even possible?!

I have, in some respect, come to the conclusion as to the type of guy I would want as a future husband. It is based on a character that I would deem appropriate based on his moral character and his personality similarities to my own.

You’d think that the person you’d be attracted to the most would be completely opposite in their nature, but that’s not always the case. I seem to be attracted to characters (fictional and non-fictional) who can take charge and are natural born leaders—the two characters that I speak of are, to be precise: Hawkeye from The Last of the Mohicans and Mr. Knightly from Emma.

Both men are:
  • EDIT: He must be on fire for God and more in love with the Lord that he is with me!
  • Bold
  • Determined
  • Reflective
  • Strong
  • Attentive
  • Independent
  • Have a good senses of humor
  • Methodical
  • Good listeners
  • Intelligent
  • Manly
  • Abrasive
  • Passionate
  • Optimistic
  • Sensitive
  • Willing to sacrifice everything for the ones they truly love
  • Have good morals
  • Devoted
  • Secure in themselves
  • Humble
  • Straightforward
  • Sincere
These are the things I want in a future husband. I pray that God will send me a husband who will bring out the positive, bold, sensitive person in me; someone who will be able to except my often dry personality (yes it’s true); someone who will be there for me when I get into one of my melancholy moods, listen patiently and is able to keep cool while I vent my frustrations, and someone who is able to have fun and be crazy without worrying what others think because he’s secure in who he is.

Since I was five I have had crushes on every TV star. This was an on and off process that lasted a month and then I moved onto the next actor who tickled my fancy. A process that lasted only a short time until I discovered the pleasure of reading! After that, I became more intrigued by the person’s character and less by their looks. I must admit, Hawkeye does flatter my fancy with his good looks, and Mr Knightly looks handsome in Emma! Yet, what really draws me to them is their personality.

I am sure all of you have thought about this now and then, like I have, and have become more infatuated in the person’s looks while by-passing their character. If this is the case, I encourage you girls to be praying hard about the things you really want for your future husbands—this not only goes for girls—guys, you too need to pray for your future wives! Not only pray for what type of person your spouse will be, but pray for their struggle to stay pure, too. As girls, Lord knows we need all the help we can get to withstand our sinful nature, and we also know that our future husbands need the help and prayer as much as we do.

Have you ever felt like there is no possibility that a godly, admirable Christian man will ever come along? Keep praying my dear friends! Have hope and trust that God has one out there for you. It may take time, but if you wait patiently and allow God to fulfill his plan for you, then you will not have to worry about the depopulation of honorable men in the world—God has one on the way! (This goes for you guys as well! If you’ve lost all hope in there ever being the shameless woman for you, be patient and know that it’s all in God’s time. There truly is a godly Christian girl out there for you – trust me, I know quite a few wonderful who qualify!).

3 comments

  1. Those are some really good qualities to look for in a guy! Some of the same things are on my list, but I have some different things, too :) On the top of mine is this: He must be totally, and completely on fire for God and for passionately dedicating his life to following the Great Comission.
    LocaChica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes! I knew I was forgetting a very important point! How could I have missed such a characteristic? And an important one at that! Goodness me! Lol.

    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. You sound exactly like me! That is exactly how I am! And exactly the type of man that I want! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.