2010 is Here! Good Bye 2009 :(
2010 will by my first official year as a blogger. Yes, I know! I am excited. I have been doing a lot of thinking and have done some planning to make sure that this blog is a more effective place for teens to come and experience the love of Christ, feel at home, as well as get good advice and lots of love!
Life is going to be pretty hectic for me this year as I enter into the College scene. *wipes sweat of brow* However, I am going to still keep blogging as much as possible, but you will probably see less of me from now on. *Tears*
This is really tough for me, considering I have come to know you guys and consider you all to be good friends in Christ—and full of sisterly love of course!
So, you’re probably wondering what I plan on doing this New Year be have been so blessed with. I have been thinking heavily, I know you know this already, but I have really had to get organized and plan ahead. I have come up with several ideas to do for the upcoming blogging year and here’s what I have so far:
1) Media Review will encompass a Christian perspective on movies, books, music and TV shows, etc. Each category will be given the Small Town Girl seal of approval.
2) More Beautiful You Series based off of Johnny Diaz’s new album More Beautiful You.
3) Modest is Hottest Series because every girl needs to know the guidelines for dressing like a representative of Christ.
4) Praise Our King Series will go through different Christian songs and word them in such a way that truly embraces the wonderful message of that individual song. To put it in simpler terms...I will do a post about a song that I have heard, tell you a little bit about the song an its author/singer/band, and then give you the reason why I like this song so much and what it means to me.
5) Girl Talk is back up and running. I will be coming up with some new questions, so be ready with your answers.
6) Dear Bloggers will be like a journal or a Woman’s Day book, but not so planned out.
7) I Kiss Dating Goodbye Series is based off of Joshua Harris’s book. Though I am not dating, I am going to go through the many problems that we face in the dating scene as well as some of the good things that come from it. Note that this will be my viewpoint on this and will, with highest hopes, be understood and not taken lightly.
8) Quote It Series where I take a quote and expound on its meaning more in depth.
9) Brave Women in History will be where we take a look at the people around us—past and present—and discuss how and why they are the role models of today and yesterday. Some people will include: Abigail Adams, Amy Grant, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nicole Norman and many others.
10) Caption/Quote/Saying/Character Contests will include a monthly caption contest that will test your movie and book knowledge!
And as you all know, the series And the Bride Wore White will be finished up shortly. So that will conclude out Purity series for a while, until further notice. If you all have any further ideas, please feel free to make a comment and tell me what you’d like to see/read on this blog.
And if you would like to be a guest blogger, let me know as well!
I am hoping to have a news letter up shortly, but I am debating on whether or not it’s a good idea on a count that my dear friend Jessica.Mae already has that taken care of—I don’t want to steal her thunder.
I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year celebration!!!!
Have a Happy 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!