And The Bride Wore White; Part 2


I am not skilled in the art of dating. I don't know what it's like to have guys following my around like I am a super star. I don't know what it's like to be cuddled by my boyfriend. And I don't even know what another guys kiss feels like. But, what I do know, is that Satan loves to catch us off guard.


Just like Satan tempted Eve and made her sin, so shall he do the very same thing to us. Satan loves to make us feel inferior--like we can't do anything, and that we are missing out on something wonderful and exciting. He talks to us as if he's got experience--yeah, in being the father of lies! But do you think he knows exactly what we're going through when we sin? I think the only one who truly understands our pain and the consequences of our sin is God. And who would be more qualified to understand what we're going through than the Creator of the Universe?! Wow, now that's comforting!

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5).
Satan likes to tempt us and make us think that we can't possibly wait to use this wonderful gift of purity. But if you have a strong relationship with your family and the knowledge that if you are firm in Christ you shouldn't have a problem with resisting the temptation.However, no matter how firm you are in Christ, 
"all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23).
And there will come a time you will be confronted with a situation that will require you to trust in God and stand firm, or listen to your sinful desires. Satan, the father of lies, delights in making us think that if we're smart about having sex, we shouldn't have to wait--we can go ahead and uses are gift wisely. "If you’re smart, you can do it without ever loosing your purity." Hum……. sounds like a big fat lie! What do you think?

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body." (1Corinthians 6:18).
Have you ever been in a debate over sexual issues? Well, just a few weeks ago, I was confronted by a friend "John Doe" on Facebook (yes, that's right) about what it meant to be pure. At first I just stared at the screen and then with a silent prayer and a loud sigh, began to type in my answer. Of coarse is question implied "that if you really love someone--when your not married--that it's okay to have sex with them. Right?"

"'Everything is permissible for me'—but not everything is beneficial. 'Everything is permissible for me'—but I will not be mastered by anything." (1 Corinthians 6:12).
I had to laugh....regain my composer and think about his question for a while. I mean, it was a thought provoking question. Luckily, I had been reading And the Bride Wore White by Danna Gresh! I decided to quotes some genius words from her book that she had quoted from Pastor Ed Young (he's so cool!). In his book Pure Sex, Ed Young reminds us all "that current experts have managed to give us in terms of sexual enlightenment has not satisfied our longing for something pure and beautiful. Instead, we've settled for what some have called "nutra-sex"--artificial substitutes for pure sex that eventually cause cancer in both the relationship and the soul."

"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people." (Ephesians 5:3).
Remember, God says no to sexual impurity. If He can say no, then so can you. God is truth. And In Danna Gresh's book And the Bride Wore White she points out a very good fact to remember, "His truth is that there is reason to wait." (Danna Gresh,

"The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today. " (Deuteronomy 6:24).
Sex will be so much more glorious if we chose to wait. Keep you mind focused on God and remember that if God has the power to say no to impurity, that you can too! Choose to wait.




Notes
1. Ed Young, Pure Sex (Sisters, Oreg,: Multnomah, 1997), 12-13.
2. Danna Gresh, And the Bride Wore White (Tyndale House Publishers, 1984), 22.

Comments

  1. Oh my word. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Emily, I love your blog and the pure, uplifting message you communiate through it.
    You're great. :)

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and following my blog! I think your blog is pretty too. Keep following Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Em! I think you have a real ministry here! You're an awesome young woman and I'm proud to be your aunt. Love you!

    Aunt M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I was wondering...

    When I get my laptop (and I believe that I will probably have it by the end of the year) could...Could I give you a blog makeover?

    Header, background, font, Signature, Border, Blog button...the whole shebang (as far as I can do, that is.)

    Now, I don't want to sound like I'm saying that your look is bad, because I REALLY like how it is right now. But you were expressing how you wished it was really...well, custom. So that's why I brought it up.

    (When) I get my laptop, if you don't want me to give you a blog makeover, I won't. However, I'm very happy making one for you (then).

    Yea, or Nay, whichever you would want. :)

    Love & Blessings,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I also have to say...beautiful post. Very well written and very...pure.

    Inspiring. :)

    Love & Blessings,

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing, what's your Nanowrimo username? Mine is ElvishAuthoress...I'd love to be friends on there. :)

    Love & Blessings (again! ^^),

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! Although last year I think certain things you talked about would have kind of creeped me out!!! But it was great post on purity! : )
    Come check out my blog @ www.asimplefarmgirl.blogspot.com

    I think you used to follow my old blog "Princess on a farm" before I deleted it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts