Taken

September 6, 2010

 I watched another action packed thriller last night, and man was it good! The title of the movie is TAKEN and Liam Neeson stars in it! He's one of my favorite actors!

Violence: Heavy 
Profanity: Minor
Sex/Nudity: Minor

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, disturbing thematic material, sexual content, some drug references and language.

Moral Rating: The movie was enthralling with drama! There are some scenes that involve sex trafficking, but this is what the whole movie is about. NOW, before you think I am some strange person who watches really crazy movies, let me explain. Taken is exactly what means:... Brain Mills' daughter and friend are kidnapped and eventually sold into slavery or Human sex traducing. 
However, the movie focuses on Mills trying to find his daughter before she is gone forever. He has a 72 hr period or all hope in finding her is gone, so he has to move fast. In the movie there are some parts where he enters into a place where there are a bunch of women who were also kidnapped (but there isn't any scenes where they are unclothed). 
As for foul language, there are some words and hand gestures that I remember quiet well, but will not state them here! Over all I would rate this move as AVERAGE.

Primary Audience: The is better suited for adults and teens. My 13 year old brother watched it with the family, but, even though it was based on sex trafficking, the nudity was minor (nothing was visible). It was a movie I definitely wouldn't recommend for those who get offended by obscene material.

Genre: Action, Thriller

Taken is a short film, but stuffed full with action. The main character Bryan Mills' (Liam Neeson) daughter Kimmie is given the opportunity to travel to Paris with a friend--she quickly becomes enthralled with the idea of being in France, in the real world, on her own. Hesitantly, Mills allows his 17 year old daughter to travel far from his net of security. On the phone with his daughter captors he utters these chilling words: 
 “I don’t know who you are, I don’t know what you want, but I must let you know, I have a unique set of skills which I have acquired over many years, skills that make me a nightmare for men like you. If you let her go, it will be over, I won’t chase you, I won’t look for you. But if you do not, I will look for you, and I will find you… and I will kill you.”
Here's what ChristianAnswers.com has to say: 
This is not a run of the mill action film, however. When you enter the theater you expect to see outstanding martial arts scenes, car chases, explosions, gun fights, and Liam Neeson generally showing off how much of a man he still is. What really caught my attention was the heart in this film. The attention to “let’s make sure before we send Liam Neeson on a killing spree the audience cares about his daughter and more importantly, him.” The emotional power was there, not like you would expect from an Oscar winning drama, but it’s there, and it’s enough to make you cringe when you think of what Neeson is up against and what will happen to Kimmie should he fail. And what may be the best part of the film considering its genre is the fact that I bought it. Yes, it’s incredibly unlikely that an ex-military operative would go on a killing spree weeding out corruption in Paris, France to find the only love in his life, but you know what, it’s still possible. There wasn’t one moment where I found myself saying “oh come on” or “you’ve got to be kidding.” On the contrary, I constantly caught myself thinking “that could happen” or even “if it were my daughter or wife I would absolutely do that to save her.”; "This is not a mild glance at sexual slave trafficing/trading. It goes deep into the act and motives of this kind of prostitution. The violence is steady and severe, and the language is throughout."

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.