Do Not Merely Exist BLESSED SINGLENESS + FORSAKING IT ALL SAIL THE HIGH SEAS + BIBLE MAN ARMOR

9/11 Slide Show 'Have You Forgotten?'

September 9, 2009


A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. ~Christopher Reeve~
I still pray for the families who have lost their loved ones on that tragic morning. And I still remember that day as if it were only yesterday: clear skies, cool weather and a beautiful cloudless day. I was doing school--5th grade to be exact when our family was called by one of our close friends about what had happened to the 1st tower. We were all in disbelief that something like this could ever happen. We abandoned our school work to watch the TV. It was confusing for me to watch as a little kid, because I didn't understand or come to realize that this TV show was "real". My mom explained to me that the U.S was under attack. And I though,"who would do such a thing to the greatest, strongest and coolest country on earth?" But at that time I didn't fully understand that there were people who wanted to destroy America as much as they wanted to destroy Israel. Glued to the TV, we watched history in the making, a tragic, horrible ending to the countless, innocent lives that were both in the planes and in the towers.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell~

When that second plane hit...and I saw that up close image of that plane--right then and there I understood, and it sent shivers up my spine. None of us ever thought that what would happen next would have been possible, but the steel in those towers gave way under the pressure --and they fell.

[P]atriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. ~Adlai Stevenson~

But even before they fell, brave women and men: soldiers, police men, fire men and women, and ordinary men and women risked their lives to save others. Those men and women died so that the ones they saved may live. Their bravery and heroism are inspiring and touching. I pray for everyone who lost a loved one in the 9/11 tragedy, at the Pentagon and on Flight 93. They will always be remembered, and I pray that what they went through will never be forgotten.

2 comments

  1. Emily, your words touched my heart, and we will never forget the sacrifice these men and women made on this anniversary of 9-11. Today in New York it is raining all the tears of the 2752 (+/-) victims from 115 countries around the world who died tragically and needlessly from the terrorists who attacked America at the World Trade Center on 9-11-2001. God bless the victims and their families, and may we always stay the course, until every terrorist or enemy of America, foreign or domestic is eliminated. We will never forget this horrific tradgedy.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog. I am glad that you enjoyed my post...America is such a special place to live! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.