Something Beautiful

I'm sitting here in my living room listening to one of my favorite songs from the Newsboys--Something Beautiful. I got to thinking about God's creation. Isn't it beautiful? Everything is a masterpiece with a purpose. So that means even us humans are beautiful!


Yeah, I know what your thinking, 'Well, duh! I know I am beautiful.' But that's not the kind of beautiful I am talking about. I am not talking about the beauty on the outside, but the beauty on the inside. God made us unique for a purpose, and that purpose is to glorify Him with song, prayer and the reading of His word. Beauty on the outside only lasts for a small time, but inner beauty lasts forever.


There are so many people out there in the world who struggle with their body image. Teens in school are incredibly mean to others who are insecure. In fact, the ones who are being mean are usually the ones who are insecure. They pick on people to make themselves feel better, and in turn they make that particular person more self-conscious about their own bodies.
"Let your beauty not be external – the braiding of hair and wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes – but the inner person of the heart, the lasting beauty of a gentle and tranquil spirit, which is precious in God’s sight." 1Peter 3:3-4.


In the Bible God says in Genesis Chapter 1:
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." 
Did you read the last line? "GOD SAW ALL THAT HE HAD MADE, AND IT WAS VERY GOOD." Now, God said what he had made was very good, which means we were purposely made the way we are. No matter how we look, God created is because He loves us and thinks we are beautiful the way we are--whether we are short, tall, fat, skinny, etc., that doesn't matter to God. You may not think yourself to be beautiful, but you are!
"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
Psalm 139: 13-16: "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them." 
Believe it or not, you're beautiful the way you are--fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of Christ!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts