Right Where I Belong

As I look around me...Nothing is familiar... I am in a strange place... I do not recognize any face... I search for someone I know... I am alone and scared... Winter air surrounds me... As I weave through the crowded street... Snowflakes fall around me... Gently a hand touches my shoulder... When I turn I see a woman... I didn’t recognize her...I can’t even picture her face... But in a gentle voice... With an expression of love and care she says to me, “I think you should find your husband.”... I look around as my heart beats fast... The question rings in my head, I’m married?... I don’t know what he looks like... I don’t know who he is... But now I care about nothing but finding him... I step forward, searching everywhere... I see my good friend Jen... But for the first time, that doesn’t matter... I want to find my husband... Whoever he was... Wherever he was... I want him... I need him... I sense someone behind me... Arms are wrapped around me... I do not need to look back to see his face... I am captured and content in his arms... I lean my head back against his chest... I know who he was... He was my husband I close my eyes, I do not know why I am so tired, but I am And for once, I know I am where... I need to be... This is where I belong... This is who I belong to... He lifts my feet off the ground... Gently lifting me into his strong arms... I lay my head against his chest Curling in his arms as he carries me home... I have never felt so content... I have never felt so loved... Even though, I don’t even know what his face looks like, I know him.


~Author Unknown~

Comments

  1. did you read the latest post on my main blog? it's really important. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Please keep your comments clean. So, please no foul language.

Popular Posts